New Malkoff Twisty

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an email from Gene's site about that.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw this on Gene's website. I hadn't seen it posted here yet. As listed on the website, its a VME Head with a Twisty Body with a lanyard attachment. It uses a single (R)CR123 battery for use with M series dropins.

Has anyone seen it in person yet?

Here's the link:
http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/malkoff-valiant-little-twisty-with-lanyard-attachment-p-75.html

JB

If you register on his website and sign up for email notifications of new products you would get that sent to you. I got the email and link, but haven't seen one in person yet. Looks like a very cool reliable light to take the M30. G.

elumen8

Enlightened
I loved my E1E M30 Lego. Maybe having the reliability and simplicity of a twisty with the M30 might be nice to own as well.

JB

ps.. I just opened my email and found Gene's notification. I always leap before I look :laughing:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Actually im going to retract my previous "Im in" Until these start arriving and we hear whether they've got the overdone lettering or if its more subtle now.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Im surprised this little guy isnt getting much attention? I was pretty convinced this is what alot of people would like to see out of Malkoff?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree!

A few have sold, but there isn't very much discussion going on about it! :shrug:

Maybe everyone is :broke:

:thinking:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Imagine that with a CR2 body. Fit in your pants coin/watch pocket. Be great with the M30 and standard CR2 battery.

Maybe the M60LL would work well with an RCR123.

Bill

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am surprised, not much excitement over this hosts.

In the past I went through great lenghts to discover a way to get a 3in P60 compatible light and it looks like Malkoff did it even shorter and thinner than my 3P parts builds.

bigC

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this, but this is just a new Body right? The Head is separate and that head with the "bold" engraving just missed by a mile.

I also think it is too bad that the body didn't have a design that incoprorated a Lanyard attachment and Tailstanding in one go. Something like a T bottom or something. I'm looking at the no lanyard version anyway, so it won't affect me. Maybe they should of had a flat version and a T version, the current attachment design does not do any thing for me.

I'm going to be buying a couple flat bottom shortly, just wish the head was available without the engraving and in HA NAT. These new bodies should be available in HA NAT as well.

It would not hurt to hear how well the twist works as well, is there a spring in the bottom of that tube?

Anyway we should have reports soon and then more people might jump. We did just have the big Vital Gear sale though, so maybe people are going a bit slow on the new twisty.

Waiting for some reviews.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could the lanyard attachment point on the twisty be used for a keyring? I hope the ugly lettering has been subdued on the VME head too. I want be buying anytime soon if not.