ARC AAA praise from a newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my Arc AAA from countycomm and I am very impressed! I realized after joining this site it was a required purchase, and I'm even more impressed with its construction and beam. Brighter than my Inova micro, Solitare conversion and CMG infin.(stand.). It is much smaller than I thought, too! Damn fine light...I can't put it down.

One thing, though. Should you be able to turn it on with one hand? It's a bit sticky now...will it "loosen" up after time? Or will I need to get some Nylube on the o-ring?
THANKS!

ChrisA

Enlightened
It will loosen up after a while and some Nygel will help too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, congrats and welcome to the club...

Chris

gyverpete

Enlightened
Yes, the ARC_AAA is an awesome light. It's my most used/useful light. Perfect combo of size, brightness, quality construction, waterproofness....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

If the lube doesn't make it easy to turn one-handed, and you don't want to wait for the O-ring to wear down, you can "fine tune" the O-ring now. Take the O-ring off and put it on the barrel of a marker or something else that is tubular and slightly larger in diameter than the ring so it's snug, and roll and drag the ring evenly against some sandpaper to reduce its outer diameter a little. Don't overdo it. Relube and check the fit and repeat if necessary. I had to do the same to all my AAA and LS lights and they now twist very smoothly one-handed.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.