News from Pelican

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email to Pelican customer service and let them know they are missing the boat by being so slow with their LED developments. I let them know that Streamlight is NOT missing the boat, and that they'd better get busy unless they want to be left in the dust. Here is the reply I got:

[ QUOTE ]
We are currently working on some new products along with improving our flashlight products with the LED beam

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know exactly what that means, but I hope it means they will be introducing more LED flashlights with the famous Pelican quality in the very near future.

Next on my list.... Mag-Lite.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
mag lite is already working on led products.
but they won't sell it untill they can get the beam nice and crappy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

zackhugh

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
but they won't sell it untill they can get the beam nice and crappy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing it's from mag, somebody's bound to pop out any LED that's in there, and stick in one that mag never knew they could...

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I possess two Maglites. One a 6D I bought years ago, more for a self defense "tool" than light. My other Maglite is a gunmetal 2AA that my firm gave everyone after 9/11. I happened to take it out of my desk drawer today to look at it. I unscrewed the tailcap to check on the batteries, and noticed a few metal slivers/shavings fall off the threads. Yikes! Perhaps Maglite is "quality" compared to $2 everready plastic jobs, but I was annoyed. I *hate* metal splinters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
I unscrewed the tailcap to check on the batteries, and noticed a few metal slivers/shavings fall off the threads. Yikes! Perhaps Maglite is "quality" compared to $2 everready plastic jobs, but I was annoyed. I *hate* metal splinters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'm right or not, but that might just be a side effect of aluminum rubbing against aluminum. I have seen that before on my Mag-Lite, but it didn't come from the factory like that. It came from screwing it in and unscrewing it over and over. I bet that if you clean off those threads and apply some silicone grease, you won't see it again. Aluminum rubbing aluminum is not a good thing.

Skyline

Enlightened
In my case, I think this was only the second time I've unscrewed the cap (the first time being when I installed the batteries). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif