• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MOVED TO CPFMP P7 Mag

Hammer Train

Banned
This one is a bit different...

The host is a blue 3D Mag with a D-Bin Neutral white 'J'vf P7 on a DHS heatsink and runs off 3*D-Cells - Fairly standard so far...

However rather than a modified mag reflector or similar I decided to use a modified McR18 reflector so that I could put a lot of v10 glo-powder in 2ton epoxy around it to give a decent glow effect that puts out a little light by itself. The result is a light that has a less defined hotspot than using a stock mag or similar sized reflector so the beam is more 'floody'. However I was very pleased with how the beam turned out, still with a hotspot but the spot is a quite big! Glass or plastic lens - yohthe charger. I will post pics in the next few hours. I like this light but I am selling off most of my lights now and replacing them with 'cheaper' ones :sigh: so this one has to go too...

Price of the light is NOW MOVED TO CPF Marketplace

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

CIMG1362.jpg

CIMG1359.jpg

CIMG1361.jpg

CIMG1364.jpg

CIMG1363.jpg

CIMG1365.jpg

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag w/McR18(?!)

I'm not in the market for a new light at the moment, but :bump: for ya anyway. That's certainly the first time I've seen anything like it. :kewlpics:

Hammer Train

Banned
Re: FS: Mag w/McR18(?!)

a modified McR18 reflector

How did you modify it,and why?:poke:

The reflector needed reaming and cutting to fit the P7, the end result looks pretty cool with the glo in the head too!

Can't understand why this hasn't sold yet. What about 10% off?:D

Hammer Train

Banned
Re: FS: $79 P7 Mag

Hmmm, i would like to know, what the drive current could be about, when
using 3*NiMH Cell's...:rolleyes:

I just don't know, sorry! I can only guess - Assuming vf is between 3.5-3.75 and 3*NiMh is 3.6v then 2.8a wouldn't be an unreasonable assumption?

Hammer Train

Banned
Re: FS: $79 P7 Mag

Just realised how green the tint looks in the photo above. Rest assured it is a nice pure white to the eye, but my camera is a bit rubbish!