Opinions on Streamlight Keymate?

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
Every time I see one of these, I feel the urge to buy it. I already have a Pelican L1, but that thing is cute as a bug!

By way of reference, I took the L1 along with my PALight Survival for a walk in the woods last night. The PALight had the lens reversed and the L1 was just as bright and with just as much throw!

I can't wait to compare the L1 with the Arc AAA...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't figured out what to do with my Keymate, but the price was right and it's a NEAT little critter! Only thing not to like is it uses button cells. But initially it is plenty bright!

I'd say go for it.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s a bright little light. Like you said, real cute...to cute...my wife stole it from me. Might not have a long run time but the batts are cheap from what I hear (never replaced the originals yet). The reflector gives it an edge over most other key chain lights. I like it.

Ken

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, I`m surprised none of our modders have stuck a LS in there yet. Wonder why?

Ken

LightChucker

Enlightened
This is a great little light. It's shorter than any key on my key chain. In fact, I have bought 7 so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BrightGuy.com is selling them for $9.50 each, but if you buy 4 they will give a free one. I have seen them at other sites for as much as $16.00.

Chuck

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love this little light. Great looks and very bright. I have two so far, with three more on order. Like the Photon, I think the KeyMate makes a super gift, even for the non-flashaholic. The button cell batteries might be a problem for some, but at less than $10 a pop, you can't go wrong.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one, and I liked it, except that it uses button cells. It is the brightest single LED light I've seen.
And then bucken got one and added an extra cell. (2nd link below)
And put a brighter LED in one, as well. (1st link below)

A bucken Keymate mod w/photos:
Re: Your views on the SL Keymate

Buckens Keymate MadMan w/photo (WOW! It almost looks like a luxeon):
Re: Streamlight Key-Mate mini review

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
The other day I compared the beam of a KeyMate to an Arc AAA. Both flashlights were about equal in brightness. I prefer the Arc because it is regulated and takes a single AAA battery. However, I think the Keymate looks cute because it looks like a mini, two D-Cell flashlight.

Latest posts