Lupine 700 lumen P7 based Flashlight

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
Many of you have asked about the Lupine Flashlight.
Here it is , finally posted by Lupine on their own forum.
700 lumen, 90 minutes runtime. There will be 2 versions, including a 1400 lumen setup. I have tested the in progress 700 lumen version , and its a beauty! :twothumbs

Will post some more pictures later.

file.php

From Lupines Forum:

Housing:

140 mm length
45 mm diameter front
39 mm diameter back
260 gr total weight (incl. rechargeable 2.5Ah battery)
Features:

700 Lumens
Runtime on high: 1,5h
Runtime on low: does depand on your own favourite setting. max. 12h

Have a look on the attached programming sheme for the special features. The light does allow you to change the number of dimm levels and in 2-step the output on low beam.

Special settings like the stealth mode will disable the LED battery warning and the voltage check. The 2-step-flash setting does offer a disorientation mode.

You can even specify if the light does turn on low or high beam. E.g. Do I prefere to first have high beam, then disorientation mode, or the other way around?

Changing the settings is so simple and easy, it can even be done outdoor within a few seconds.

Original forumpost:
http://www.lupine.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=7&t=2212

file.php

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
Can`t agree more. Rock solid.
The 1400 lumen version sounds very promising, so patience must be called upon. :)

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
The prices is`nt set yet. I would estimate a few bucks above Wolf-Eyes Sniper P7 and other P7 & MC-E based lights.

Anyway; will post som pictures later.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Stephan

I've read a lot of your posts on the lupine forum (although I haven't actually posted there myself). Good to see you on CPF, you should stick around! For those who don't know; Stephan is an extremely knowledgeable guy.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the battery configuration? Is it 3 x 18650?

2) Will the 1400lm version use 7 x SSC P4 like the Lupine Betty?

3) Are you aware of the latest Phlatlight SST-50 and SST-90 LEDs? Does lupine have any future plans to release bikelights or handheld flashlights using these LEDs?

Thanks

ichoderso

Enlightened
Hi, how I know, the 1400 lumen version use only one LED, so I think, a SST90, but I don't know it for sure.
And the batteries are "special" batteries, I asked this in the german forum, and I hope i get better information about this, but I don't think, we can use standart 18650 cells:-(

Jens

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool thanks for the reply Jens, I guess I miss out on stuff on the german lupine forum since I can only read english. If it's using the SST-90 then I would seriously consider buying one. :hitit:

I figured it would require a special battery pack (or built in battery) but was just curious on the internal configuration of the battery pack.

I hope the 1400lm version will be optimised for throw rather than flood since handheld flashlights have different applications than bike lights.

Last edited:

flæshaholic

Newly Enlightened
Nice lumens ugly looking light imo.

Really? I think it has a sort of retro-modern charm, and it looks really sturdy. Not quite tacticool looking but it's definitely pretty clean. If they made a tiny version of this I'd consider getting one.. I don't need 700 lumens. :p

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
Hello Stephan

I've read a lot of your posts on the lupine forum (although I haven't actually posted there myself). Good to see you on CPF, you should stick around! For those who don't know; Stephan is an extremely knowledgeable guy.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the battery configuration? Is it 3 x 18650?

2) Will the 1400lm version use 7 x SSC P4 like the Lupine Betty?

3) Are you aware of the latest Phlatlight SST-50 and SST-90 LEDs? Does lupine have any future plans to release bikelights or handheld flashlights using these LEDs?

Thanks

Hello! Slightly misunderstanding , fully understandable. Stefan is the general manager int.sales at Lupine, I am just a humble Lupine-user (experienced tech diver and mountain biker as well) , but I am frequently in touch with Lupine regarding the lights due to our website and flashlightbusiness , www.lightman.no. We have a stake in the distributorship of Lupine in Norway.
I will adress the questions to Stefan@lupine. :)

Regards,

Stephan@lightman, Norway :)

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I simply LOVE Lupine design and products! Based on their superb professional-grade headlights, I bet this handheld light is an work of art. Paypal sent!!

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...so, what's the beam like? All flood?
Where can we find out about that 1400 lumen light?
Same questions about the beam, I imagine they will be more flood than throw, but if there can be SOME spot....I think there is a winner.