Bare Ti, TiN, TiCN, & AlTiCN

ResFiatLuxAddict

Newly Enlightened
I've seen examples of these finishes in various locations, but I was wondering does anyone have a picture of a single flashlight but in every one of these finishes side by side?

And can you post it?

ResFiatLuxAddict

Newly Enlightened
Okay, thanks gswitter. That helps alot!:huh:

So, is AlTiCN the one that I see that looks kind of black? :sssh:

And, uh, forgive me, but does the Al coming first mean that it's an aluminum body with TiCN coating?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
And, uh, forgive me, but does the Al coming first mean that it's an aluminum body with TiCN coating?

TiN, TiCN, and AlTiN are all titanium coatings. A quick Google search will help ya out with understanding what each coating does. :D

And FWIW, this AlTiN Draco is really old, and has gotten used and abused, and looks pretty close to new.

mg0048smhh1.jpg

(pay no attention to that other light next to it :naughty:)

:thumbsup: john

Last edited:

ResFiatLuxAddict

Newly Enlightened
Haha, the guy with Rani shows up.:wave:

Oooh yeah, that's the one.

I love the look of the AlTiN, and I'm really wanting a Drake in that finish. :hitit:

I came here two weeks ago when Googling reviews for a light or two (EDC & weapon mounted), and y'all have turned me into a budding collector/geek.

Okay, I was geek already . . .

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Haha, the guy with Rani shows up.:wave:

Do you mean the Indian Princess? I like "Rani" as a name too. :twothumbs I believe Fred (PhotonFanatic) has also sold AlTiN coated Killers... not the pocket rockets that Drake/Draco's are, but rather, awesome EDC keychain lights (which is why I have a few of 'em!).

I love the look of the AlTiN, and I'm really wanting a Drake in that finish.

You won't be disappointed with the AlTiN Drake! :cool: It's a really great finish... and the best part is, underneath it, it's friggin' titanium! :laughing: And the brightness of the Drake/Draco is crazy. :eek:oo:

Of course, there were also a few diamond-coated Drakes floating around... they mostly ended up in the hands of quite a few CPF scoundrels. :nana: :duck:

:thumbsup: john