Tripod Mount

agpatel

Newly Enlightened
I have a Jet-III M light, and looking for a mount to attach the light to a standard tripod. I have search and searched and not found a cheap option. I have seen many gun and bike mounts but not any that would work. Anyone know of a cheap attachment or way to attach it to a tripod. The diameter of the light is 1"

agpatel

Newly Enlightened
I have thought about that and that will work on one of my larger tripods but my smaller one only has a post and no way to attach a rubber strap to it.

LED_astray

Newly Enlightened
Most US tripods are 1/4x20. The rest, (and I'm told those in the rest of the world,) are 3/8x16. For a cheap secure solution hit up a good hardware store and browse the fasteners. Be creative and I'm sure you'll find something that you can adapt.

For other projects I've found "T-nuts" and threaded brass sleeves designed to allow machine screws to thread into wood useful. E.g. carve a cradle from a block of wood, use the threaded inset to attach to the tripod, and a velcro strap (electrical department for tying cables) to hold the flashlight on.

agpatel

Newly Enlightened
Most US tripods are 1/4x20. The rest, (and I'm told those in the rest of the world,) are 3/8x16. For a cheap secure solution hit up a good hardware store and browse the fasteners. Be creative and I'm sure you'll find something that you can adapt.

For other projects I've found "T-nuts" and threaded brass sleeves designed to allow machine screws to thread into wood useful. E.g. carve a cradle from a block of wood, use the threaded inset to attach to the tripod, and a velcro strap (electrical department for tying cables) to hold the flashlight on.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking as I think about it more that there really is not a cheap solution that I could find. I think I will hit up Home Depot tomorrow after class and see what I can scrap together.

ejot

Enlightened
The lack of a widely-available, reasonably-priced and, flashlight-optimized tripod mount has had me thinking in the past. At some point I sketched some rough plans for a self-centering mount that would be somewhat light and accommodate a wide range of lights, but haven't gotten around to collecting the bits and putting it together.

Would take a bit of time on the lathe and some flipping through McMaster, but I think a decent mount would be a useful project.

agpatel

Newly Enlightened
I am now thinking of using a clamp like the one below, using a some threaded collars and such to adapt it to a tripod female threads.

248314_300.jpg

Tom_123

Newly Enlightened
I use one of these "clip board clips".
(sorry I don't know the exact name, take a look at the picture)

To attach the clip to the tripod, I use an 3/8" to 1/4" adapter for tripod threads.

Tripod.jpg

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a gun rack. There is a mount that can attach to roll bars of ATV and hold a rifle or shotgun. I ordered a pair. I mounted one of them to the leg of my tripod. It can hold a 6P all the way to my M6.

Nite-eze makes a plastic clamp that can hold a mini mag. You can thread hat to a tripod screw.