Which one?

FLYBYU44

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed the Arc lights a couple of days ago and have been looking at the website since. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flashlights so I'm not sure what Arc AAA to get. I'm not sure if I should get the preminum or the regular. The only thing I have to compare them to is a 2D LED Maglight. If the basic model was as good as that for light output then there would be no reason to get the higher powered verson. Also I live in Canada and shipping is retarded on the site. $17 for shipping a flashlight the size of a AAA battery? I'd just as soon not pay 1/3 of the price in shipping. Is there anyway it could be sent USPS ground for cheaper?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticed the Arc lights a couple of days ago and have been looking at the website since. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flashlights so I'm not sure what Arc AAA to get. I'm not sure if I should get the preminum or the regular. The only thing I have to compare them to is a 2D LED Maglight. If the basic model was as good as that for light output then there would be no reason to get the higher powered verson. Also I live in Canada and shipping is retarded on the site. $17 for shipping a flashlight the size of a AAA battery? I'd just as soon not pay 1/3 of the price in shipping. Is there anyway it could be sent USPS ground for cheaper?

I guess it depends what you will use it for. The base model is plenty bright for most tasks but not near the throw and brightness of a 2d led maglight. I do not think you will find that on any single AAA light. you might find some aaa light with very short battery life as bright as the maglite but do not have the throw.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The Arc is nowhere near as bright as a 2D LED Maglight. And it's not meant to be.

It's a keychain light that is best for inside lighting or closer-up outdoor lighting. It's in a completely different class of lights to your Maglite - comparing the two doesn't make sense.

All that said, I prefer the premium to the regular. :shrug: But YMMV.

:thumbsup: john