Nitecore NDI on 14500 : instant off?

Tremendo

Enlightened
Sorry, I searched and didn't see the answer. Yesterday I just started using Protected 14500's in my Nitecore NDI (original Q5). I will use it for night running and need to know if the 14500 battery will immediately die or give me some low power usage when it's dying. Will I be able to run a lower level for a few minutes, or is it instant death?
Thanks!

vb14

Newly Enlightened
NDI also has some sort of protection. In my case, it starts to BLINK when the battery (protected li-ion) is low.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Thanks a lot guys, I guess the regulation is good, it will always be at full brightness until it dies. I will make sure to have a spare when I run at night. I will continue to keep extra AA's (& CR123's normally) in all cars and cases I use.

Tremendo

Enlightened
NDI also has some sort of protection. In my case, it starts to BLINK when the battery (protected li-ion) is low.
Follow up: My 1st 14500 battery died last night and it did the 1 second on, 2 seconds off blink for a little while as well. I was unable to adjust the output and each time I'd turn it off, it would come back and blink again. At least that's better than instant complete darkness.