help a newb pick a big metal adjustable beam light

John Redcorn

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I joined up on here a while back to read about green lasers, you all got me talked in to buying a 3c rayovac sportsman extreme light. I loved that light, was the brightest flashlight I'd ever seen. But it doesn't work anymore, It says lifetime warranty so I think i'll try to get it replaced but that might take months and I need something now for less than $50.

I really think a maglite would be awesome but my brother who's a flashlight guy says there's no way to make a maglight as bright as my old rayovac for anything close to cheap.

I would like adjustable beam but it's not completely necessary as long as the light goes a long distance.

I bought a 2c river rock flashlight at target that said it had a cree xlamp and a boost circuit but it was diffuse light that came out, didn't go very far and it didn't look near as bright as the rayovac was.

So far the only thing I've see that comes close is a 2d husky home depot brand light my brother has that was a bit brighter than my rayovac when it worked, it goes long distance but it has it's cons, it's close to being too fat with the armoring it has to fit in my door pocket and no adjustable beam. Not huge problems but if someone could point me towards something better I'll buy that!

Oh and any tips about getting the rayovac warrantied?

Last edited: