Best 2AA for under $25

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
There are plenty of good 2AAs out there but I don't know of any for under $25. This is for a non-flashaholic friend so I can't take a chance with the Chinese lights, not given my experience. I'd buy them, but they tend to need tweeking so is not going to work for my friend. My friend is looking for the best 2AA he can get for $25. Bright, simple to use, and reliable is what he needs.

Any suggestions appreciated. One problem I've run into is $25 lights don't advertise what LEDs they use, hopefully someone out there has good experience with specific models that fill this need. I know $25 is not a lot for a light, but it is for a non-flashaholic. I remember when I was at that point once upon a time LOL.

Thank you all for the replies, now the challenge of finding one.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Best 2AA for under $20

For under twenty I'd recommend the Romisen RC-N3 which uses a Cree P4. It is a chinese brand but one of the better ones. I would also recommend the Cree Q5 2 mode version from shiningbeam.com which is 25 bucks.

If you are adamant about getting a more name brand light maybe a duracell daylite 2AA would be good. It seems to be getting solid reviews and it runs 24.99

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 1W or 3W lights are very good and are at the pricepoint you are looking for.

Even the new 4-mode Rebel 2xAA Minimag fits.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would increase your budget a few dollars and pick up the new Mini mag multi mode.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

So your criteria are:
-USA made
-under $25
-bright

Unfortunately no such light exists with all 3 of these criteria. Pick TWO and you are in business. I would suggest the maglite 2AA, Inova bolt/X1, or similarly priced Pelican. None of these are very bright, but they are going to be reliable and simple to use.

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened

The Coleman Max 2xaa is a Cree, and close to $25 I think. Available at most Wal-Marts. Nice little light too.

Mike 208

Enlightened

I have a Pelican 2360 AA LED (rated at 100 lumens). The Pelican website lists the light for $31.56, but you can find it cheaper (I got mine at a B&M store for $27.00). My only complaint about this light is the forward clicky tail cap switch is sensitive, so a very light touch is all that is needed to turn the light on (each one I've handled has this sensitive switch).

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'd have to say swing by shiningbeam.com and check out the Romisen RC N3 II Q5, i got one and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality. For just under $30 and that included shipping to Singapore

EricTarini

Newly Enlightened

Coleman MAX 2AA, only available at WalMart, $24.88.

Cree XR-E, soft momentary (forward) clicky.

pekcle

Newly Enlightened

You can make it just under $20 if you get the RC-N3 P4 non-Q5 version on ebay. However, taxes may put you over. I know at least one seller who ships from the US.

JeffInChi

Enlightened

i'd have to say swing by shiningbeam.com and check out the Romisen RC N3 II Q5, i got one and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality. For just under $30 and that included shipping to Singapore

+1 for the romisen

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

For under twenty I'd recommend the Romisen RC-N3 which uses a Cree P4.
i'd have to say swing by shiningbeam.com and check out the Romisen RC N3 II Q5
You can make it just under $20 if you get the RC-N3 P4 non-Q5 version on ebay.
+1 for the romisen

lowatts said:
This is for a non-flashaholic friend so I can't take a chance with the Chinese lights, not given my experience.

I would increase your budget a few dollars and pick up the new Mini mag multi mode.

+1 :thumbsup:

Currently on sale @ Brightguy.com for $20.95

Last edited:

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone. I'll check out the Romisen RC-N3 since I can't seem to find the others easily around here.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thanks everyone. I'll check out the Romisen RC-N3 since I can't seem to find the others easily around here.

You listed made in USA as one of your requirements. FYI.. .the Romisen is made in China. You should get it form shiningbeam in NY, and not DX. That way you get a hastle-free warranty with your purchase.

good choice though!!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast

This was my vote as well. It is under $25, and who doesn't know what a Maglite is and it's known quality? Also it is American made, so it meets your criteria. There is no experimenting with Maglites. It's a sure bet.