Surefire L1 Photos

computernut

Enlightened
When I was shopping for my first Surefire, I had it narrowed down to the L1 Cree but when I went to the store and tried it out I was yuck, I don't want another twisty (my previous EDC was an Inova X1). I also tried the E1L but thought it was too short for my hand. I decided to go for an E2L thinking I could live with the extra length. I liked the E2L but decided for my second light to get an A2 Y/G. Well after carrying around both the E2L and A2 around on my belt with a V20 holster I finally gave in and decided to get something smaller as I kept snagging it on things like getting in and out of the vehicle or my office chair. I had gotten used to the two-stage twisty of the A2 and decided the L1 would actually be nice so I went back to the store and got the flashlight I was looking at in the first place! :shakehead

Since then I've added an E2E and an A2 White which I'll have to post pictures for.

I have a V82 case for it and it fits well even with the F04 beam shaper.

3863787988_0673526d70.jpg

3863004621_92e769bbe4.jpg

3863771152_d4a44dab61.jpg

3862986195_bf971e728e.jpg

3862985787_4b9167cd3f.jpg

3862985269_4d10e260ba.jpg

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened
Great pics! I recently picked up an F04 diffuser and I can't believe I waited so long! It basically doubles the utility of the L1.

manoloco

Enlightened
The L1 is testament to great ergonomics and UI, it may lack the advanced options other lights have, but in this design its actually a plus.

I have other lights but the L1 is the one thats always with me.

I dont know if this is the most ergonomically tought/engineered light Surefire has, but it takes efficient advantage of the operator, for the operator. (a trait it shares with the A2 and L2)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics! I like my L1, and my F04 diffuser. :) Unfortunately I don't carry it very often. It has a fairly cool tint with a greenish tint. I've been running a R123 3.7v in it to get some more output, but it still falls behind a lot of my other lights for total output.

Still a very cool light and if I were in situations where I needed a super reliable flashlight that could take a beating it would see more action. :)

Here are some pics of mine. I put a yellow trit in the clip and have a GITD o-ring around it as well:

Just a fun pic, giving the L1 a UV bath:

Last edited:

NE450No2

Enlightened
I discovered that my E1e is too short to clip in the front pocket, I am afraid it will "pop" out. So I carry it down inside the left front pocket.

My A2 Aviator carries great, clipped in my left front pocket around my place, but when I "go to town" or on the road I carry the A2 clipped in my right back pocket, as the E1e, and other "stuff" is in the left front pocket.

If I could only have/carry one flashlight for "general" purpose use it would be the A2 Aviator, with the white LED's.

However iF I only had one flashlight i would be nervous.:huh: :eek::ohgeez:

If I was a Pilot and/or used it for map reading on a daily basis, I would use the yellow green LED's.
Hint, I have a yellow/green A2 that I carry in the car when traveling to look at maps, but I prefer the white LED's for general use.