We had a tornado in Pittsburgh.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
2267572.jpg

2267616.jpg

2267752.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got a friend in Upper Darby PA., near Philadelphia. Wonder if the tornado got anywhere near Upper Darby, or anywhere near Lee's Hoagy House in Philly... guess I'd better check that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(Edit) Looks like I made a boo-boo here. I typed in Pittsburgh instead of Philadelphia. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
Upper Darby, isn't it just outside of Philly?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not *exactly* sure where Upper Darby is with regards to Philadelphia, but I think it's *very* close. My guess is that's it's just inside or just outside Philadelphia proper.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifDidn't you just say it was just outside of Pittsburgh?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifDidn't you just say it was just outside of Pittsburgh?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just checked Yahoo maps, and it's just WSW (probably less than 5 miles) of the Philly city center; about a mile south of Drexel Hill.

I must have made a boo-boo somewhere... let me go check my posts in this topic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(Edit) Yes, I did make a boo-boo. Fixed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a sight not often seen in the three-rivers area.

I remember a micro-burst in Wexford that flattened a car dealership back in the 80's. We drove past minutes after it happened. If you didn't know better, you would've thought a bomb went off.

Now that I've living in Texas, a twister is my biggest fear.

-Jason

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
In short, a microburst is a strong, sudden, downward shift of wind that can flatten a relatively small area with wind speeds up to 200 miles/hour... Not a tornado, but still powerful, nonetheless...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow! you all seem to experience some really interesting though dangerous weather...all i get here is sun, rain, rain, more rain, and plenty of humidity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif the last time i saw real snow was when i was 1 year old in beijing where my dad was posted for a while, and i have no recollections whatsoever about it at all.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes, we've got tornadoes, we've got deep freezes, we've got baking hot heat, we've got blizzards and snow, slush, rain, sun, fog, even dust storms. We've got earthquakes. Landslides and Volcanos. Hurricanes. Drought and floods. You name it, good or bad, we have it...