Has anybody here seen the film "My sassy girl"?

HighLumens

Enlightened
Hi, I saw the trailer of this film on the net and was wondering if seeing it all or not. Is there someone who has already seen it and could suggest me to watch it or not?

Thanks!

:popcorn:

roguesw

Enlightened
Which version are you talking about ? The original korean version of the remade american version.
If you are talking about the american version, forget about it, its a waste of time, the story is so diluted, its not worth watching.
The original korean version on the other hand is great, good story, its a romantic comedy with sill parts to it, but the core story is actually pretty good.

HighLumens

Enlightened
Ah, I forgot there are 2 versions. Well, I'm interested in watching the best one. So far it seems I should watch the original (korean) version. Thanks!

JBorneu

Enlightened
A good way to know if a film is worth watching is checking the rating on www.imdb.com

Films which score 8.0 or higher usually are good to excellent films, 7.5 to 8.0 pretty good to good, 7.0 to 7.5 pretty good and anything below 7.0 is usually not worth an hour and a half of your life. There are exceptions, especially if you like weird independent films you might find some low ratings on movies you like, but for most mainstream films, this is what the ratings usually mean.

arioch

Enlightened
+ 1 for the original Korean version. The American remake was really poorly done. As much as I like Elisha Cuthbert (main female character in the remake), watching the remake was difficult after having seen and enjoyed the original.

First of all, the two main characters and their interaction/chemistry from the original pretty much made the movie shine. Conversely, the two main characters from the remake did not seem to have any real chemistry.

Second, some of the scenes from the original did not seem to translate properly during the remake.

Please do not ask me for more specifics, as I do not have any desire to see the remake again. :)

alphazeta

Enlightened
Another vote for the korean verison.

It's the first movie I refer to friends when they want an introduction to their first korean film. It has never let me down yet. The director's cut verison actually explains a few sequences a bit better in detail.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
A good way to know if a film is worth watching is checking the rating on www.imdb.com

Films which score 8.0 or higher usually are good to excellent films, 7.5 to 8.0 pretty good to good, 7.0 to 7.5 pretty good and anything below 7.0 is usually not worth an hour and a half of your life. There are exceptions, especially if you like weird independent films you might find some low ratings on movies you like, but for most mainstream films, this is what the ratings usually mean.

In particular, I like to see the top 250 rated list here.

HighLumens

Enlightened
I just saw the film and :twothumbs I really enjoyed it!

BTW it loolks like I have no good taste in watching films (I watch comedies, normal films ;)), my favourite ones are rated 6.1 / 7 max on IMDb :p. Great site anyway!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, the korean one is the better one. And who cares about imdb anyways :p.

N10

Newly Enlightened
i did...not a bad movie but some of the scenes are exagerrated...