ITP A3 EOS Disassembly

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Someone on the CPF showed a photo with a brief description of how he was able to disassemble the head of a ITP A3 EOS flashlight. I know that it involved first tightening a bit, and then unscrewing.

For the life of me, I cannot seem to find this post, in spite of repeated 'searching'.

Can anyone direct me to the thread that shows where and how this flashlight may be disassembled for a future LED upgrade.

Thanks............Frank

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
It's gotta be in one of the Maratac three part threads. Probably around the middle of Part 2, but even though I just read those a day or so ago, I don't really know:

Maratac AAA Q5 (Part 3) - CandlePowerForums

Part 2

Part 1

Instead of getting its own thread, the later arrival ITPs languished in the shadow of the Maratacs for quite a while, getting discussed only in comparison to Maratac...

Edit: Page 3 of Part 3 keeps coming up when I search using "disassemble," but that one's about Maratac... strange.

Third edit: Nope, I didn't see it in one of the original three CPF Marketplace ITP threads:

**NEW** ITP A3 EOS Cree XP-E Q5 LED Flashlight

GoingGear.com - Introducing the AAA iTP A3 EOS at $20! Black AND Natural!

NEW! ITP A3 EOS 1xAAA LED Flashlight, 80 lumens and under $20!!

Last edited:

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Thank-you, Mostly, for all your efforts on my part. I tried and tried too, but could not find it.

Beamhead, that is in fact the post that I was looking for. Thank-you.

I was mistaken, however, in that it is a Maratac that was disassembled, and not the ITP A3 EOS. Presumably, they both disassemble in the same manner.

Again, thank-you both for your efforts. I appreciate it.

Frank

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome... I enjoyed the excuse to procrastinate other things I should be doing. I did guess right that it was somewhere in the Maratac Part 2 thread. :)

dandism

Enlightened
I still cannot get it disassembled and I think I scratched a thread and sometimes the light goes on when I screw it back together :oops:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this post I mentioned i opened my iTP.

I used the basic approach outlined in the above Maratac post, I believe I had to tighten ever so slightly until there was a crack sound. As mentioned in the post I used standard snap ring pliers inserted into the holes of the PCB.

I have not been able to open a Maratac yet. My Natural finish is an early one with the slots cut at the edges of the pill. I need a different tool to grip those good. They bent my tweezers as they are meant for more delicate operations. My latest SS Maratac has the newer pill design so I might try to open that one day.

Update: I've now opened an early Maratac with the slots at the edge of the pill.

Last edited:

dandism

Enlightened
I just got my 2nd EOS and this one needs the reflector and lens repositioned as it currently creates a sloppy beam pattern. I tried unscrewing it but have not been successful with the tighten-first method. Any other ideas?

keith p

Newly Enlightened
I just got my 2nd EOS and this one needs the reflector and lens repositioned as it currently creates a sloppy beam pattern. I tried unscrewing it but have not been successful with the tighten-first method. Any other ideas?

I'd like to bump this thread up.

I have an adjustable spanner and I'm having no luck disassembling this light.

The spanner keeps slipping and is making a mess of the PCB.

I just want a GITD oring in the head :sigh: