A2L clip on Incan Aviator

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
You saw it here, first, folks. Unless my search-fu has failed me, in which case, you saw it here second.

I got Surefire to send the clip for the new A2L for testing on my old Aviator. The clip fits perfectly, without requiring the use of the old plastic retainer doodad. It also goes in and out much more easily than the older clip style.

Bezel-up, it holds onto my pocket (5.11 Tactical, traditional cotton) fairly tightly. Bezel-down, it's also pretty tight. Neither will stop you from drawing the light, but this position definitely suits my draw better than bezel-up. Had this clip existed last year, I'd be without my Concealco Aviator holster right now.

computernut

Enlightened
Cool, no rubbing on the tailcap either :twothumbs

Maybe there will be a lot of clip swapping between A2 and A2L owners :laughing:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Freaking Hell! The clip is a better fit on a light it was never intended for, than on one of the ones that it was.

What's up with that?? :poke:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Freaking Hell! The clip is a better fit on a light it was never intended for, than on one of the ones that it was.

What's up with that?? :poke:
How do you know that the two-way clip was not designed for, in this case, the A2?
I've had a proto-type of the two-way clip for years and years and years.

It wasn't until the LED bezels became longer and heavier compared to the traditional incandescent bezels that the two-way clip concept for bezel-down carry was 're-discovered'. Whilst I feel the concept works better for one-SF123A models such as the E1B, it does give the user carry options for two-SF123A models as well.
Personally, I prefer the U2/K2/EW-04 style clip design for the longer lights.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm pretty certain there was a thread on it years ago. Back then it was the standard-body models - C2, C3, M2 etc because the E-Series didn't get use the same clip attachment point.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask Nicely

Now that's cool. How did you convince Surefire to send you a extra LX2 clip?

I asked if it would fit. They didn't know, and I asked if they'd let me try it. I needed a new window for a used light I was calling in for anyway (and an O-ring, I forgot to request :ohgeez:) and he offered to send one along with the window. :twothumbs

I blame Surefire's customer service department for my flashlight collection. I'd add up all the money I spent on them, but I really don't want to think about it right now.

Al, I'd love to see the head-down clip on a C2. (Really, actually an AC2 - I'm sorry that doesn't look like it'll end up having a clip. That one could have replaced my entire collection a while back.)

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You saw it here, first, folks. Unless my search-fu has failed me, in which case, you saw it here second.

I got Surefire to send the clip for the new A2L for testing on my old Aviator. The clip fits perfectly, without requiring the use of the old plastic retainer doodad. It also goes in and out much more easily than the older clip style.

Bezel-up, it holds onto my pocket (5.11 Tactical, traditional cotton) fairly tightly. Bezel-down, it's also pretty tight. Neither will stop you from drawing the light, but this position definitely suits my draw better than bezel-up. Had this clip existed last year, I'd be without my Concealco Aviator holster right now.

Very cool!! :twothumbs
Bezel-down carry with the incan A2 would be awesome. Hmm, a call to SF might be needed. :)

-Robert

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing Chrontius. I called SF about this clip several weeks ago to see if they were interchangeable, the rep was less than helpful. Maybe I'll try again.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me know how it holds up after a few months of REAL use, then I'll let you know what I think of it. Not that I have my doubts, or anything.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I could even ask about this, when requesting A2 & L! replacement clips, he cut me off at the mention of the A2L and said it would not fit the A2.

B.T.W. are S.F.'s okay to use without a clip (& plastic spacer) in there at all? It does leave a hole at the seam.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
B.T.W. are S.F.'s okay to use without a clip (& plastic spacer) in there at all? It does leave a hole at the seam.

Removing the clip does not allow the o-ring to seal properly. Your light will leak if submersed in water.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Before I could even ask about this, when requesting A2 & L! replacement clips, he cut me off at the mention of the A2L and said it would not fit the A2.

Call back, tell him about this thread.

It's sad when a Surefire customer service rep. is mis-informed.