Pics of SureFire's two kings

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the LX2's 200 lumens of output, it dethrones the E2DL as SF's LED king. I thought it might be fun to photograph the two kings together...

SF's LED king, the LX2, and SF's incan king, the might M6. Now I just need SF to release its Arc-2 :devil:

Click for larger versions on Flickr (1200x800)... EDIT: It appears that you need to be signed-in to Flickr to view the larger version(s).

I just wanted to share these with the CPF community. Let me know what you guys think.

-Robert

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sorry to rain on your parade but the pair of 10X's I've got have obviously higher output compared to the three M6's I have...

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well before the thread even finished opening I knew which lights it was going to feature! :grin2: Now if only I could afford an M6... one day...

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by my hero that it is nice to remove most of the color by lowering the saturation as opposed to just converting the image to black and white.

After trying it, and it gives you more control of the final product.. I believe it 100%.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway you could upload them in Hi Res?

I have been looking for a good wallpaper but can't get those any larger.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all of the positive comments so far everyone!

DimeRazorback, computernut, Zeruel, Ctrain: Thanks! :)

divine: You are definitely correct about the B&W process. This is why I love using Adobe Lightroom 2 for post processing as it handles everything in a non-destructive manner which allows for individual editing of the color channels when working with B&W.

Search: I just realized that if one doesn't have a Flickr account of is not signed in, it doesn't give the option to view larger. Otherwise, you should be able to view them up to 1200x800. If you still can't access the larger version or need a different size, send me an email through CPF with you email address and the resolution size of your monitor for a wallpaper and I'd be happy to email it to you. I am honered that one would like to use one of my photos as a wallpaper! :)

roadie: I'm actually planning on doing a large beamshot comparison post in the near future which will definitely have both the LX2 and M6. I'm curious to see how the LX2 on high compares to the MN15 and MN20 lamps.

-Robert

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well according to MrGman's testing, the E2L really has just over 200 lumens of output, so the LX2 might not be brighter.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well according to MrGman's testing, the E2L really has just over 200 lumens of output, so the LX2 might not be brighter.

If SureFire underrated the output of the E2DL, which everyone had already assumed, whose to say they didn't underrate the LX2. Everyone already thinks it's brighter than 200.

Search: I just realized that if one doesn't have a Flickr account of is not signed in, it doesn't give the option to view larger. Otherwise, you should be able to view them up to 1200x800. If you still can't access the larger version or need a different size, send me an email through CPF with you email address and the resolution size of your monitor for a wallpaper and I'd be happy to email it to you. I am honered that one would like to use one of my photos as a wallpaper!

I've got a Flickr account, even thought I needed to log in, but couldn't think of my password :) Thanks

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SureFire underrated the output of the E2DL, which everyone had already assumed, whose to say they didn't underrate the LX2. Everyone already thinks it's brighter than 200.

Well I guess we need it tested to be sure... :poke:

Illum

Flashaholic
What? that's it? No aviator? no papa Gus?!

I was hoping to be a picture featuring two of these guys

So does anyone have a Surefire BEAST? That next to the M6 & LX2 would be an awesome photo!!!! :devil:

If you can get Seery's attention you can find a picture of the beast, the M6, and a red aeon :grin2:

Superdave

Enlightened
Sorry to rain on your parade but the pair of 10X's I've got have obviously higher output compared to the three M6's I have...

Really? We visually compared both and found them to be about the same.. I measured the M6 in my sphere and came up with a little under 600L.. I don't think the 10x will fit though. I'll give it a try this week.