XTAR SSC P-7 C-2 REPAIR

flashlightjunkie

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the flashlight addiction and need some advice from the pros. As most or all of you know this (XTAR SSCP7 C-2) is a direct drive two mode flashlight. The problem is, my light goes to about half brightness with one click and then goes up to full power without a second click. It also does this in the low mode. My instincts say it must be the clickie switch because it came with a spare. If this sounds right to you, please let me know if there is a better quality switch out there that I can install. A drop in is prefered. I dont need the low setting, single mode is prefered, I just want it to be a ultra reliable one mode blinder. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

flashlightjunkie

Newly Enlightened
Because this flashlight seems to be a popular one I would like to share the solution I finally worked out on my own. It seems that these switches are prone to minor arcing that causes some minor build up. After a thorough cleaning, a switch that was deemed useless came back to life and is now working flawlessly. If anyone needs any advice please do not hesitate to ask. I would gladly share any information about this particular flashlight with anyone concerned.
Yours Truly, FLJ.