Modding Surefire L6

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
I saw from this thread http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2214102 that some people have successfully transplanted other LEDs into the SF L6.

I have recently acquired one and was wondering if anyone can post more information on how to do it. I am a newbie to modding but I would like to see how it is done. Thanks for the help lovecpf

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried it and it was only marginal differences. only if you do some serious mods, like milkyspit, is it worth modding.

how ever it is a manner of just removing the stock LED emitter and soldering on a new one. like a Seoul P4

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
nice to know I appreciated. I just saw Lumens Factorys P7 head for the M series, does anyone have any information on these? I am assuming it can go up to 900 lumens. :hitit:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2S2P MC-E transplant should increase the output substantially over the stock KL6.

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input I appreciate all the help I can get. I will do further research on this project before any attempt is made. Right now I am assuming a 2S2P MC-E transplant is basically a removal of the old Luxeon V LED and soldering the new 2S2P MC-E in place. I maybe completely wrong here.

I have google search this item and come up with some useful information. However I would still like to get more info on the following:

1) Where can I obtain a 2S2P MC-E module?
2) How much was/is the module?

I purchased a brand new SF L6 from a local gun shop, they are clearing out all their L6s. I got the last one for $160usd, I want to spend less then $50-70 to complete this project. If it may cost more then that I may just sell the KL6 and wait for the M3L head to be released.

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I found something on the forum. Getting nailbender to custom make me a M3 LED head, possibly selling the KL6 to fund it.