SureFire tailcap innards interchangeable?

Dobbler

Enlightened
I have a 6P and a 6PD. They're different colors. Can I swap the switch mechanisms in them? They look a little more challenging than most tailcaps to dissemble, and the length and shape is a little different on the boot ends, so before I accidentally break something I figured I'd just ask :candle:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Having just taken apart a dozen of each, I can tell you that twistys and clickies bare no resemblence to each other and cannot be interchanges internally. You can of course swap entire caps.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you show us pics of the lights? What is it that you are trying to swap and why? are you refering to a twist vs a click tailcap? cause they are not interchangeable. if you want to make a twist tailcap into a click, there is a cheap tailcap that you can gut and swap the innards with a twist tailcap. however the clicky, that im talking about, is only reverse click. not forward click.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Yes, I want to install a forward clicky in a 6P tail cap. The 6P has been HAIII anodized so swapping out the tailcap isn't an attractive option.