• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND WTB: Good Glow Powder.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Good Glow Powder.

How much do you want, and how much are you willing to spend?

United Nuclear (http://unitednuclear.com/glow.htm) has some good stuff. Just don't use UN's stuff with epoxies from Harbor Freight. I made that mistake with some 5-minute epoxy from there, and well... It became a rock within 2-3 minutes. Didn't even get 10 seconds to apply it to anything.

DevCon 2-ton clear epoxy works perfectly fine with UN's epoxy.

~Brian

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

Small note, from here it looks like United Nuclear doesn't sell outside the US.

Shame too, otherwise I'd be really tempted to get some of that and some other stuff from them.

Last edited:

R@ndom

Enlightened

I reckon the glow powder will work quite good with Selley's clear epoxy.

bstrickler

Enlightened

The UN powder glows for over 14 hours (pretty dim at the end, but is still *somewhat* visible from 10 feet away)

The higher concentration of powder to epoxy that you use, the brighter (and longer) it'll glow. You can get it quite thick (to the point you see the grains of powder in the epoxy), and it'll still work well, and it'll glow pretty damn bright.

~Brian

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

A lot of CPFers like using this company's product and they ship internationally: http://glowinc.com/ I personally prefer the ultra blue, but the ultra green v10 lasts up to 24 hours.

R@ndom

Enlightened

try a local art and craft store in ur area mate, the shipping is a deal breaker.

Thanks but the local stuff seems to be quite weak:sick:. Also another CPF'er has offered to send me some cheap :grouphug:.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

Out of curiosity, how do the powders from GlowInc and UN compare? I can see the numbers on the sites and all, but had anyone compared the two?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Out of curiosity, how do the powders from GlowInc and UN compare? I can see the numbers on the sites and all, but had anyone compared the two?

Although GreenLED is the expert on this subject, and has a series of time decay shots, I have bought mulitple formulations from GlowInc, and UN. No question that GlowInc's later formulations (i.e. V10 with finer particle size) outperforms UN's.