jetbeam m1x owners

kenneth5

Newly Enlightened
so i just got my battery extender in od today. such a beautiful light. how can i protect it?? do any of yous use a lanyard? if you do.... how,where,how much, pics?? i almost always have a backpack with me but, while your using the light how do you secure it if you do at at all...???thanks in advance.

gilly

Enlightened
I have yet to receive my M1X, but will have it by next week. Having checked out a number of threads on this light, I have learned it is compatible in many ways with the Raptor series. See below link:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3064618&postcount=6

Assuming the Raptor and M1X tailcaps are the same, you should be able to pick up one of these tailcap bezels which has slots that allow a LANYARD to be attached to the light. (scroll down to bottom of listing to see tailcap bezel):

http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/raptorrrt1.html

I have this tailcap bezel on my RRT-2 Raptor and it easily accepted a 550-cord lanyard. I plan on getting another tailcap bezel for my M1X when it comes.

Last edited:

robe619

Newly Enlightened
I am. It's very good thrower. I brought it to work (I'm L.E.) and the guys at work all liked it.:thumbsup:

spoolup

Newly Enlightened
Where did you find a army green extender. I am still looking for one for mine. Thanks in advance.

kenneth5

Newly Enlightened
Where did you find a army green extender. I am still looking for one for mine. Thanks in advance.
i got mine from bugoutgear. awesome light and customer service is A+. my extender was at my door in like 2 days. shipping seems quick.

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
Ran mine the 2nd day I had it for about 10-15 minutes on Hi and it shut down to a dim glow. Head was warm but not hot. Left it off for about 2 minutes and clicked it back on and was OK for another couple minutes it took to get back to house. Running 3 Tenergy CR123a's. Any thoughts or comments on this behavior. If it is not going to be reliable, not going to keep it.

jahxman

Enlightened
Ran mine the 2nd day I had it for about 10-15 minutes on Hi and it shut down to a dim glow. Head was warm but not hot. Left it off for about 2 minutes and clicked it back on and was OK for another couple minutes it took to get back to house. Running 3 Tenergy CR123a's. Any thoughts or comments on this behavior. If it is not going to be reliable, not going to keep it.

That doesn't sound right - have you contacted the dealer you got it from?

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
yes. He was going to contact Jetbeam and he offered an immediate replacement but I was waiting for JB to tell him something.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried using different batteries? I'd not use Tenergy if I wanted reliability...

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
Whats wrong with Tenergy batteries? I have been using 12,000 mah Tenergy nimh batteries in my magmod and they have been great ...

and in relation to the jetbeam m1x, i am still waiting for mine to come in the mail from bugoutgear.com, i paid $45 USD for express postage on the 4th of September and it still has not arrived. I have also emailed two days ago but had no reply :( I plan to use two AW 2600 18650's with extender when the torch finally arrives.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats wrong with Tenergy batteries? I have been using 12,000 mah Tenergy nimh batteries in my magmod and they have been great ...

and in relation to the jetbeam m1x, i am still waiting for mine to come in the mail from bugoutgear.com, i paid $45 USD for express postage on the 4th of September and it still has not arrived. I have also emailed two days ago but had no reply :( I plan to use two AW 2600 18650's with extender when the torch finally arrives.
Whats wrong with Tenergy batteries?

They are crap.

paid $45 USD for express postage on the 4th of September and it still has not arrived.

That's because you live in a 3rd world country, so don't blame Bug Out Gear. Someone in the customs probably stole your light.

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
Ok then ....

They are crap.

That's because you live in a 3rd world country, so don't blame Bug Out Gear. Someone in the customs probably stole your light.

No need to be offensive ... I am not sure who taught you geography but last time i heard Australia is not a 3rd world country, I haven't blamed anybody for the lateness, just stated the facts so keep your smart remarks to yourself.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

Tiantang,

Unfortunately, we have no control over packages once they are shipped. International shipments can be delayed for all sorts of reasons regardless of what shipment method you use. Like someone mentioned, it is probably caught up in your local customs office and will be there shortly. Lastly, we are here M-F 9am - 5pm EST. We like to give the elves the weekends off. By the way your email was received at: Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:50 PM. Check your email as we have responded to it now (9:00am Monday)

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Last edited: