Multi tool advice...

Ctrain

Enlightened
Hey,

I might be working on the French Alps this winter and I'm going to pick up a multi tool to take with me. I've owned several Victorinox and Leathermans before and liked them both... I have a soft spot for Victorinox but I'm unsure about the toughness...

I need something rather small, but tough...

any ideas?

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
If a multitude of screwdriver bits is important, take a look at the Leatherman Wave/Charge. If not, the Victorinox Spirit would serve you well.

What would your main use(s) be for this MT?

Ctrain

Enlightened
Hey, thanks for the reply..
As for my uses, not sure really..

I'll be working in the Alp's somewhere so I'll be most likely doing a lot of skiing and hiking.

I have a Deluxe Tinker, but was thinking maybe a saw may come in handy.. I was looking at the Vic Forester.. But at the same time I don't know how strong the pliers would be on the Tinker.. Maybe I should look at the spirit..

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think you want pliers definitely get the Spirit. I have a 9+ year old original Swisstool that gets used every week and it's still holding up well. So I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Spirit.
The only complication off the top of my head is that the body is all metal. So it'll be very cold to touch. Most multi-tools are difficult if not impossible to use with heavy gloves for most functions besides the pliers. A smaller one hand opening blade may be worth consideration possibly in addition to the Spirit.:thinking:

Latest posts