BROOKSTONE SUPERLUX LS!!!!!!

blademan

Enlightened
WENT TO BROOKSTONE LAST NIGHT AND GOT A LS LIGHT CALLED A SUPERLUX. IT WAS OBVIOUSLY MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO MAKE STREAMLIGHTS TT LIGHTS. IT IS A 2L WITH A 1WATT LS AND NO OPTICS. THE REFLECTOR WORKS PRETTY GOOD,BUT A LITTLE TIGHTER FOCUS THAN MY BB400 BRINK AND KL1. BRIGHTNESS IS EQUAL TO BOTH. COLOR IS NOT AS GOOD BUT USABLE. IT HAS A NICE WHITE HOT SPOT WITH BROWN CORONA SIMILAR TO A GOOD REACTOR. OVERALL I AM PLEASED WITH THE LIGHT FOR A HOUSE LIGHT BUT NOT A EDC. Visit http://www.brookstone.com to find

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Knifecollector -- but you don't have to shout!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Knifecollecter, please don't use all caps. It becomes difficult to read, and in forums, is customarily only done to signify shouting.

blademan

Enlightened
Sorry about that. My computer is set to all for the work that i do so I don't pay any attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Entropy

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Knifecollecter said:
Sorry about that. My computer is set to all for the work that i do so I don't pay any attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
DO YOU PROGRAM IN FORTRAN? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(FORTRAN code always seems to be written in all caps, at least all of the FORTRAN code I've had the misfortune of seeing.)

FreeBSDboy

Newly Enlightened
Traditionally in drafting/cad all text and notes are done in caps. So pretty much you just leave the caps lock key on all the time.

blademan

Enlightened
The answer to all the questions is...... the envelope please........ The program is a travel agency based accounting finance tool.

stangster

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Maybe he just works in a really noisy office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha!
rotflmao.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got email from someone pointing out this flashlight.
It looks very nice, but the question of the night is, is it any good? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It appears to use a reflector, rather than the acrylic optic normally associated with a LS LED.
The picture shown also does not show that "rotten cat urine green" color that some 1W LS lights produce.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if we will see them pop up elsewhere. It sure looks like the new Streamlight TT group styling. Very nice. This might be a popular light among the 123 batt crowd who can`t afford the Arc`s or Surefires.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Brookstone in Indianapolis had one. Reflector and no cat urine detected. Even with severley over used depleted batteries the color was decent. I think the local cop shop had them in the SL brand at a more reasonable price. I was more interested in the 2L I bought that I did not note the price too closely. It is a good hefty stick of aluminum as well.

With the batteries so low it was hard to evaluate the beam pattern. It did remind me of when I reamed out a mini mag reflector and popped it over a low dome. Small kind of bright spot with minimal spill but not too much to recommend. Looks like a McFlood or a NX05 should fit instead. Remember that was with near dead batteries.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
NEW Super-Lux Flashlight

Brookstone sku # 403113

Super-white LED is 10 times more powerful than a standard LED and makes this flashlight ideal for any situation. Operates on a single watt of power, providing an exceptionally long battery life. Efficient LED technology lasts up to 100,000 hours of continuous use. Nonslip, anodized aluminum casing is water-resistant and provides excellent durability. Carry strap prevents droppage and allows for hanging. Easy, one-button operation. Uses two lithium batteries (included).

PRICE: $50.00
In Stock

Looks pretty neat, but one would hope it is well built for $50 - is it REGULATED, or or merely RESISTORED?

Knifecollecter: Can this thing stand on end like a candle?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looked at one at the Brookstone in Northgate Mall in Seattle today. Good construction, nice feel to the switch, greenish cast to the beam as if the SE was being underdriven (not a Luxeon lottery loser). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now, while this was a display model and the Duracell 123s were probably drained a bit, I would expect better color and beam intensity (no Dalmatian moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) if the light was regulated. I therefore have to assume that the SE is resistored. While the 1 3/8" head (eyeballed) makes it a little to big for EDC, it would make a very nice glove box light if it was priced @ $35 instead of $50. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Well Brookstone is no discount source, that's for certain. I have a titanium finish Keymate with me at all times, and while shopping at my local Brookstone, I happened upon one of their offerings in the keychain led department. Although it did not bear the Streamlight name, needless to say, it was <font color="brown">identical</font> in everyway. Must be that it too, is also a Nuwai, who seems to make all, if not most, of SL's latest offerings. They wanted $20 for it. I paid $8.00 for mine at a local "cop shop" store. Brookstone has all that high rent to pay, as they seem primarily located in Mega Malls around these parts.

Ed.