Got to lux those Luxeons!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my lux meter last night! Was I waiting to use it or not!!
Got around to doing a couple of measurements tonight. Here are the photos of the hosts.

LuxReading01-hosts.jpg

Here are the beam shots from 1 meter.

LuxReading01-beams.jpg

And here are the lux readings:

A: 6-led white flashlight -> 61 lux (~95% fresh alkalines). Can't for the life of me see the white?!

B: BB400 -> 358 lux (fresh lithiums). Nice. Although the photo does not show this.

C: Arc LS #1587 --> 326 lux (~95% fresh lithiums)

D: 9V DD V3U with 30mm optics - 1834 lux (~85% fresh alkalines)

E: 9V DD V2T with standard reflector - 8290 lux!!! (~95% fresh 123s). Was I happy about this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I got my meter, I played with it almost all night. I measured everything I could find. Great fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hotbeam, have you tried the reflected-from-the-ceiling comparison yet? It gives a pseudo-lumens reading, good only for comparisons. Mr Bulk tells how HERE.

Paul

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
A: 6-led white flashlight -> 61 lux (~95% fresh alkalines). Can't for the life of me see the white?!

B: BB400 -> 358 lux (fresh lithiums). Nice. Although the photo does not show this.

E: 9V DD V2T with standard reflector - 8290 lux!!! (~95% fresh 123s). Was I happy about this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind telling me what all those acronyms mean? I've been here a few weeks, and have only been able to figure out a few of them.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_W said:
When I got my meter, I played with it almost all night. I measured everything I could find. Great fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hotbeam, have you tried the reflected-from-the-ceiling comparison yet? It gives a pseudo-lumens reading, good only for comparisons. Mr Bulk tells how HERE.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul_W

I've tried it a few weeks back but I didn't do any measurements. May be this is the time to compare the room lit with say a 20w energy saver flourescent bulb and the brighter lights? say D & E?

Thanks for the idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will do some and post... for comparison /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Smaug

-----> Badboy 400. Regulated drop in for the Minimag from anlighten.com/shop

-----> Arc flagship Luxeon from arcflashlight.com. Mine is an 'older' version

-----> 9 volt direct driven 5 watt LS binned V3U

E: 9V DD V2T with standard reflector - 8290 lux!!! (~95% fresh 123s). Was I happy about this!
-----> 9 volt direct driven 5 watt LS binned V2T

Hope that helped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SNII is no more !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It died 15 minutes ago. All those 8290 lux disappeared into flashlight heaven :-(

***** What do you know... it ran out of juice only after ~40minutes of total runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're hungry monsters... That SNII in a 6D bod will make it run looooong, but might give it too much juice...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice howard!

is number d a self-mod? did you replace that burned out u5u? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm glad you're getting use out of your light meter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

can you think of any way to pump more photons out of a? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw...you must really abuse your lights!!! they're all crooked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
errr...i think you should be refering that question to howard...he has the light meter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif