Need suggestions (converting a 3 D mag)

Spitz

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mag Lite 3 D w/ a cheap Night Eyes LED drip-in that's not cutting it anymore. :candle: I'm not familliar w/ drop-in's/heads for Mag Lites so I need some help picking one out. What I'm trying to do is round off my collection. I have lights for close to medium range and I have room lighters. Now I want something very bright and that has a lot of throw and I want to use this Mag Lite as the host.

So, please give me some suggestions for a setup that would give me what I'm looking for. TIA.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a budget in mind? Do you want another LED-based build, or are you willing to consider an incan? Any battery preferences?

Of all the Mag sizes, the 3D probably has the most modding options, so the more info you can give us on your preferences, the easier it will be for us to help.

Spitz

Newly Enlightened
Do you have a budget in mind? Do you want another LED-based build, or are you willing to consider an incan? Any battery preferences?

Of all the Mag sizes, the 3D probably has the most modding options, so the more info you can give us on your preferences, the easier it will be for us to help.

I would really like to hear about all the mods that meet my criteria of a lot of lumens and great throw. As for budget it will really depend on how well I like the mod.

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
My plan for my 3D mag is to get a Malkoff drop in with one of their replacement reflectors. I have heard it turns the mag into a 200 + lumen flashlight.