Eagletac P20C2 vs. T10LC2 (formerly T100C2 vs. _______??)

DigMe

Enlightened
EDIT: thread title changed to reflect my new direction in this thread.

Looking at buying the T100C2 but first wanted to see if anyone had an argument for something better in this price range. The cost is $46 shipped so I'm only looking at $50 or less. This would replace my SF G2 w/LF HO-6 as my bedside table/bump-in-the-night/travel light/occasionally spotting hogs or other wildlife. I don't want to go any bigger than the T100C2. I like the great brightness and throw but I also like the dual-mode feature. It must be forward-clickie. Only concern is whether it will have enough flood to, say, decently light up a room if need be.

Thanks for any input.

brad

Last edited:

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Re: Eagletac T100C2 MKII vs. ______??

Even at under $60 its going to be tough to beat the T100C2 for your everyNight needs, with discount the T10LC2 and P20C2 are both around $60, but for under $50 I can not think of anything :thinking: . Another good thing about the T100C2 is that you have options for a tail-standing cap and a orange peel reflector in the kit version, which can be had for right about 50 bucks,.

DigMe

Enlightened

Anyone else??

I really hate to get into this game but OK...say I DID bump it up to $60. How does the P20C2 compare to the T100C2?

Just hypothetically :p I hate to increase my budget because I'm going to have to tack some onto how ever much I spend due to being out of CR123's anyway.

brad

Last edited:

FlashlightsNgear.com

Anyone else??

I really hate to get into this game but OK...say I DID bump it up to $60. How does the P20C2 compare to the T100C2?

Just hypothetically :p I hate to increase my budget because I'm going to have to tack some onto how ever much I spend due to being out of CR123's anyway.

brad
The P20C2 is alittle bighter than the T100C2, Ill take a few beamshots after dark for comparisons. A few things that the P20C2 has on the T100C2 is that it comes with a clip, holster, SS strike bezel, screw on diffuser, and oring lube.

DigMe

Enlightened

I would like to see the beamshots. Thanks.

brad

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast

The T100C2 should have more throw, but probably less overall output. It is also fully regulated on both 18650s and CR123s, while the P20C2 probably isn't (only on CR123s).

DigMe

Enlightened

here is good side-by-side comparison of eagletacs
http://www.illuminationgear.com/SIDEBYSIDE27729.html

Awesome! I wish the T10LC2 was in there too. Thanks for the link!

EDIT: What a great comparison... from those pics I'm liking the beam on the P20C2 way more than the T100C2.

Flashlightsngear - can you comment on how the T10LC2 beam compares to the P20C2?

brad

Last edited:

FlashlightsNgear.com

IMG_2576.jpg
The T10LC2 on the left has a much smoother beam than the P20C2, to the naked eye the P20C2 has maybe a brighter/smaller hotspot and throw seems to close to call but I would say if the moon wasnt so bright right now Id get a better idea which had better throw, my GUESS would be the T10LC2 because its a bigger reflector. Hope this helps, I may walk out in the woods later and try to get better photos of the two lights. I heard some coyotes so I may take the dog and shot-gun also lol.

DigMe

Enlightened

One more question - in the outdoor shots of the beam comparisons that lebox posted up there the P20C2 seems to have better spill than the T100C2 while still having a good throw and hotspot. How does the spill of P20C2 compare to the T10LC2? Thanks for putting up with all my questions.

brad

FlashlightsNgear.com

This picture should give some idea on how they compare (spill wise). BTW Thanks csshih for the editing work :twothumbs
IMG_2579c2.jpg

Scarbear

Newly Enlightened

.................Another good thing about the T100C2 is that you have options for a tail-standing cap and a orange peel reflector in the kit version, which can be had for right about 50 bucks,.

I know there is a OP out there, but no one has it on their website? could i get one from you flashlightsngear??????

Olaf

DigMe

Enlightened
Ok, guys, it looks like both the P20C2 and the T10LC2 both have better and brighter beams in a smaller size for only a little bit more dinero so it's between those. I like that the P20C2 is a bit smaller in size but I can't go wrong with either. Any other comments or observations?

FlashlightsNgear.com

Iam out of T100C2 with OP reflector as of yesterday :( Good News is Ill have more in stock by Sept 9th, I still have T20C2 kits with the OP reflector and its a beast, email me about International shipping. Digme, I hate to choose one or the other but the P20C2 has more for the money, considering its lowest setting will run 180 hours on 2 CR123 and it does strobe, I still love my T10LC2 though..

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that low mode PWM or constant current?
No info on eagletac.com, so I check the web special on T20, still no info, other than flat regulation on low.

Any P20C2 (with OP reflector) vs. T10LC2 shots?

DigMe

Enlightened
Well I just went ahead and ordered the P20C2 from FlashlightsNGear. The free batteries were a factor in buying from him because that way I can put off buying a dozen until next month since I'm totally out!

Thanks for the help, Flashlights. I hope I like it. I went back and forth for a while between this and the T10LC2. In the end I wanted it to be more compact and I think the biggest deciding factor was the 5 lumen low mode. That should be pretty useful at times. I don't care about strobe.

brad

FlashlightsNgear.com

DigMe, you made the right decision for what you were looking for in a light, for those who look at everything in person, its my most sought after smaller light at the moment. The low setting is perfect for most situations and Turbo is blinding and for in between you have that 60 lumen General Mode setting, you'll love it. I dont have a Demo P20C2 with a OP reflector so no comparison shots as of tonight but Ill be getting some OP's in next week, along with abunch of other accessories. Give us your opinion later this week, maybe a few beamshots of your own :thumbsup: Thanks again and enjoy

brett174

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between the P20 and T20. They both have the same output, run times, UI, accessories and beam patterns (from the photos I've seen.) Other than the physical differences is there anything else I'm missing?

FlashlightsNgear.com

I'm trying to decide between the P20 and T20. They both have the same output, run times, UI, accessories and beam patterns (from the photos I've seen.) Other than the physical differences is there anything else I'm missing?
The T20C2 has a larger body that allows use of a 18650 rechargeable battery and uses a plastic battery magazine (included) for CR123 or RCR123 batteries. The T20C2 is also brighter with better throw due to its larger diameter and deeper reflector, + it can be used with a optional pressure switch and rail mount, Ill try to take a beamshot comparison later this evening.