LX2 released before the LX1? Why?

chaoss

Enlightened
Does anyone here know why Surefire chose to release the 2 before the 1?
Seems to me that the L1 was/is much more popular and in demand than the L2, L4 etc.. And in general, don't single cell lights far outsell multi cellers?

Anyway, i'm just thinking outloud and trying to get in S.F.'s head to try and understand their reasoning behind this :eek:. But really it's because i'm very impatient awaiting the arrival of the LX1 :sssh:.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe because the L1 was updated recently and the L2 many years ago? The L2 needed to be updated, the L1 not so much yet.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
I personally prefer single cell lamps but after seeing the beauty of LX2 and it's barn burner output, it no longer mattered what came first as I will own them both. Now dam it, wheres my LX1 :mad:.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Surefire's market I don't believe their single cell lights out sell their 2cell models. I believe there is actually still quite a gap. Like all things involving illumination products, Surefire takes extra time to catch up as they have to paddle harder after missing the wave.

I am curious to see the performance of the LX1, I really want to stop buying 2 cell CR123A lights. I swear LX2 is my last... I really hope so anyway.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone get one yet? Any idea of LUX at 1 meter? Looks like it should be a nice thrower for it's size.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF LX2 and A2L has the same body, I guess it makes sense LX2 is released before LX1.

Size15's

Flashaholic
One of the 'issues' with the L2 was that it was too long for it's output.
SureFire could radically improve the L2 by replacing it with the LX2.
Whilst still important the LX1 improvement is more incremental to the path the L1 has been on for many years.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the LX2 A2L body idea!

A production of a number of the same bodies at once makes alot of sense, rather than breaking up the big lots!

sbebenelli

Enlightened
The LX1 is my next light. It's killing me seeing all the other Surefire models coming out first.