RRT-2 Raptor vs Fenix TA21

siggy

Newly Enlightened
I guess no one has heard of the Klutch flashlight before so I believe I've finally narrowed my decision on my next light to these 2. I want a rechargeable with decent run time, good throw and adjustable lumens. I like the looks of both these lights and have read some of the reviews which seem favorable for both. I would prefer to have a light that can tail stand but that's not a deal breaker. I don't think I need the 12 adjustments of the Fenix but it's nice to know it's there if I want it. One thing that does bother me though is the post I saw where someones TA21 was defective and had trouble replacing it. If there's a bad one out there I'll get it :sigh:. I do have a question though. What is the standby life of the Aw 18650 li-ion? I'll probably get a few so I can keep them in the drawer but want to know how long they'll stay charged in there. Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I guess no one has heard of the Klutch flashlight before so I believe I've finally narrowed my decision on my next light to these 2. I want a rechargeable with decent run time, good throw and adjustable lumens. I like the looks of both these lights and have read some of the reviews which seem favorable for both. I would prefer to have a light that can tail stand but that's not a deal breaker. I don't think I need the 12 adjustments of the Fenix but it's nice to know it's there if I want it. One thing that does bother me though is the post I saw where someones TA21 was defective and had trouble replacing it. If there's a bad one out there I'll get it :sigh:. I do have a question though. What is the standby life of the Aw 18650 li-ion? I'll probably get a few so I can keep them in the drawer but want to know how long they'll stay charged in there. Thanks.

At high they are have about the same light output, but the RRT-2 is much better focused, i.e. it has more throw. But the TA21 is much better at low levels. In my (Danish) TA21 review I have beamshots comparing them.

I have not tested the standby life of AW18650, but I will guess that it is above a year. Try posting a question in AW's sales thread.