Can you guys help me fix a light

flashlightpower

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this is the right place to post or not so mods feel free to move if necessary.

I have olight m20 that refuses to turn on. I've cleaned the contacts per battery junction and nothing.

I can send it back to them at my expense and thats fine but if there's something I can try first I would like to.

It started about 2 weeks ago by not responding to mode switches. It would just shut off after going from med to high or high to strobe or whatever. Turning the light off at the clickly and then turning it back on would sometimes remedy it, and other times I would have to find a "sweet" spot with the head in order for it to stay on. In other words I would have to locate a spot by turning the head till the light stayed on.

Is this something I might be able to fix based on expert opinion, or should I just send it back for repair, or buy a new light.

thanks

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try new batteries.

As fuel is the first remedy for broken cars, new cells are the first one for flashlights. Indeed, you didn't tell us that you already tried TWO new ones.

OK, I guess you tried without telling us and you are waiting for a better help! So, unscrew the tailcap, grab two pens, a suitable plier or whatever you find and check if the ring with the two little "holes" in it sits tight. If it doesn't, the lights begins to flicker or whatever, I also thought my M20 was dead once, tightening the ring brought it back to life! :wave:

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
As fuel is the first remedy for broken cars, new cells are the first one for flashlights. Indeed, you didn't tell us that you already tried TWO new ones.

OK, I guess you tried without telling us and you are waiting for a better help! So, unscrew the tailcap, grab two pens, a suitable plier or whatever you find and check if the ring with the two little "holes" in it sits tight. If it doesn't, the lights begins to flicker or whatever, I also thought my M20 was dead once, tightening the ring brought it back to life! :wave:

+1, first thing I thought was the same thing. Happened to me with a different light, took some tools and found its loose. I was back in biz in no time.