What makes more sense?

lightinsky

Enlightened
I'm thinkin of gettin a 5 mode cree R2 led for my G2 alum head.

I saw on ebay 2 spiderfire cree R2's. Both are $15.

Both are spiderfire but difference is output setting on low mode.

Settings are 300 high, 150 med, 75 low with 3-18 volt range 1000 mAh

Settings are 300 high, 150 med, 20 low with 3-8.4 volt range 1000 mAh

Not sure if this is a typo or one is made with 20 lumen low mode?

Moonshadow

Enlightened
If this is anything like the Solarforce dropins, the difference between levels on the 300/150/75 module will be barely noticeable. You'd be better going for the one with the 20 low. The voltage range doesn't matter, since you are unlikely to be driving it with more than two cells.

Presumably the other two modes are strobe and SOS. These will drive you nuts (especially if the dropin has memory), so if you can find a unit without these you might be better off with that.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Okay thanks for the input. 20 lumens would be more useful for longer run time anyway and sos and strobe is good for emergencies imo.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
you are absolutely crazy if you believe any of those numbers as being anywhere near accurate. I would simply go with the lower voltage rated unit in this case but still be wary that you are getting anything to get excited about.

lightinsky

Enlightened
you are absolutely crazy if you believe any of those numbers as being anywhere near accurate. I would simply go with the lower voltage rated unit in this case but still be wary that you are getting anything to get excited about.

First of all I could be a little crazy, I think we all are for being so into flashlights that have taken over our relationships and bank accounts lol. I know the lumens ratings are not accurate. I am more inclined to believe the 20 lumen low mode than the med and high lumen mode ratings.