New E1E/KL1

droopy170

Newly Enlightened
Well I got it yesterday and it is great. It was much smaller than I imagined. I have seen E2 and a few other models, but they didn't prepare me for the tiny light. Don't get me wrong I was looking for a small daily carry without going key chain size. Darn near perfect size. The KL1 is very bright but has a definite blue/purple tint to it. Not bad or annoying, guess I am used to it from my photon II white. I have been carrying it clipped either to my belt in uniform or to my waistband in jeans/shorts, and it is very comfortable. I would really appreciate any input on care and feeding of my first quality light. Also a question on the clip is it removable. Just curiosity.

Droopy

just noticed this post (as well as my E1E) makes me an official flashoholic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
clean and lube regularly, and get the plastic widget for the channel under the clip bracket if yours didn't come with one so water-resistance isn't compromised.

the clip can be removed...just remove the O-ring and plastic widget (if present), then place it open-end down on a flat surface. insert a flat-edged screwdriver into the bend in the clip and push down until it comes out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, it'll just get worse from now on...i started out thinking a E2e was the most i'll spend on any light, but i just ordered an M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

droopy170

Newly Enlightened
Size15s thanks for the welcome.
Chamenos thanks for the info, and I do belive your'e right. Haven't figured out what is next, but I feel another light coming on. By the way what would you recommend for a lube? Also where can I get the plastic widget if I don't have one?

Droopy

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my experience, a 1-watt LS light would pretty much cover 90% of all your lighting needs (i have an arc lsh-p) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif you'll probably want to get a brighter light (100+ lumens) as a SHTF light, but that would be it as far as neccesity goes. you'll probably want to get more after that just for the sake of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

most of the cpfers here would recommend silicon grease or if your budget permits, nyogel lube. i've been using vaseline (petroleum jelly) without any problems though, so YMMV.

as for the plastic widget, simply email surefire's customer service at [email protected] and ask for one and provide your mailing address, and they'll gladly send it free of charge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Penguin

Enlightened
I got my E1e body today from Dan @ TW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's smaller than I thought and still feels quite nice in your hands. Great way to run down those used 123's lying around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Josh