AMAZING new Honda commercial!

jtice

Flashaholic
Thats NUTS!
Although, a few parts really do look fake, lol. Like, are those speakers moving? Or was it my imagination? hmmmm

And,,, sence when do tires roll uphill?

jtice

Flashaholic
Ahhhhhhh I see, yes, very clever. Ive seen other things like this before, but dont know of any on the web. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There was one guy I heard of that did these with over 200 steps in the process!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve seen that one on TV here. Once in full length then there were some shorter segments but it seems to have stopped now. Seriously impressive.

But - I`m sure there`s at least one un-documented CGI moment. Those speakers under the windshield - speakers don`t bump up and down like that in real life! But, I do believe when they say the rest was all for real. Took something like 600 takes to get it right, now there`s something they wouldn`t lie about.....

Very impressive. Almost makes me want to buy an Accord....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I've fired a speaker magnet MANY feet. Yes, you can make them boogie, no problem.

We just did this thread last month, didn't we?

jtice

Flashaholic
The way those speakers are mounted,,, wouldnt allow them to move. The back of the speaker... (the magnet) is laying right on the rods holding them up. The magnets dont move,, the cones of the speakers do. And I dought the speakers are strong enough, nor the cones have enough mass, for the entire speaker to be jumping up off the rods, and if they did, they would fall off,,, but, they could esily make the object roll off the glass,,,, I think they edited to show the speakers move,,, so the Average viewer would see the Cause to the Effect.

Darell

Flashaholic
Either you have better eyes than I do, or you're looking at a higher resolution image. What I imagine is that the speakers are mounted on some sort of spring arm on top of those rods. The moving magnets cause the speakers to bounce on those springs. Of all the things shown here, this is about the LEAST questionable. I can come up with many ways of doing this physically. No magic needed. They wouldn't have done something that obviously CG and then claim that none was used.... would they?

Sure would like it if that wagon were available here. But no such luck.

I recently purchased the DVD of the movie that this is based on: The Way Things Go.

Tomas

Banned
Well, my 12" sub-woofer cone has over 1.75 inch of linear movement ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (and it's been may years since I had one burst into flame ... ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif