Eveready "retro" LED lights

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price is CRAZY considering they appear to use the "Retro" hosts.

Looks like plastic bodies on the cheaper ones, and the cheapest is still $70.00
The highest priced being $275.00

I'd really be interested to know why these cost as much as they do.

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened
It's Eveready India, so the prices are in rupees. Each rupee is approximately 2 cents USD. So these are fairly low cost lights. I like the styling and want to get one just for fun if I can find more about it. It will go together nicely with my 20 year old unused Eveready batteries (I checked them last year and they were still able to light up my incan flashlight).

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's Eveready India, so the prices are in rupees. Each rupee is approximately 2 cents USD. So these are fairly low cost lights..

DOH!:ohgeez:

I thought the prices seemed a little off...:crackup::crackup:

Good to see someone trying something different though.

elumen8

Enlightened
I noticed the site was designated as "Eveready Industries India Ltd". Do the high prices reflect some kind of crazy exchange rate? I do like the retro look of the 'brass' models. I'd like to hear more about these in the future... just for the cool factor.

JB

Vesper

Enlightened
Dang, I also like that classic look. Want one. Reminds me fondly of my grandpa's flashlight we used to take down into the equally retro 1890 basement of their farm house. :candle:

1 what

Enlightened
Yes!
I love these old things - do we have any Indian CPF'ers ( in India) who could do a group buy?
Or has anyone found an internet outlet?
As a point of interest I'm currently moding an "antique" but probably won't be finished before Nov/Dec.
A "teaser"
comp1z.jpg

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find 1138, those brass bodied lights are SWEEEET! :D

I do like the retro look of the 'brass' models. I'd like to hear more about these in the future... just for the cool factor.

Dang, I also like that classic look. Want one. Reminds me fondly of my grandpa's flashlight we used to take down into the equally retro 1890 basement of their farm house. :candle:

This design appears to be popular because of it's ease of repair and durability, India's answer to the Maglite, in addition to the obvious incandescent specification they also make LED & multi-LED brass bodied variants ;)

dl13big.jpg

The Model name "Jeevan Sathi" supposedly translates to life partner, quite a product longevity claim eh? I've fired off an email to Eveready India, we'll see what the outcome of that is...

copperfox

Enlightened
Well there are two 3D cell lights, a 2D cell light, and a 3xAAA light. I might be interested in the 2D. I hope they come with adequate heat sinking for modding :devil:.

Newly Enlightened
I didn't even notice that the 3D has multiple emitters.

I was looking at the Flashlight Museum site and the switch of these Eveready's matches that of the Eveready Chrome Captain. The Flashlight Museum called it a "boat switch".

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
M@elstrom;3070926 [img said:

i picked up a light just like the one above (3 leds ) in my local dollar store (for $1) yesterday, comes in a variety of colors, made of plastic, very simple design, doesnt look like it will last long (already rust inside) but for a single doller i had to try itlovecpf for you all.

it takes 2D cells the beam is kinda blue (leds are tiny?) but it produces about the same amount of light as my D10 on 1/3 :) nice tight beam and throws maybe 60 feet.

good light for a $1. imo

the switch even does momentary. :D

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
i picked up a light just like the one above (3 leds ) in my local dollar store (for $1) yesterday, comes in a variety of colors, made of plastic, very simple design, doesnt look like it will last long (already rust inside) but for a single dollar i had to try itlovecpf for you all.

According to their website it's supposed to be constructed out of electroplated brass :thinking:

dandism

Enlightened
i picked up a light just like the one above (3 leds ) in my local dollar store (for $1) yesterday, comes in a variety of colors, made of plastic, very simple design, doesnt look like it will last long (already rust inside) but for a single doller i had to try itlovecpf for you all.

it takes 2D cells the beam is kinda blue (leds are tiny?) but it produces about the same amount of light as my D10 on 1/3 :) nice tight beam and throws maybe 60 feet.

good light for a $1. imo

the switch even does momentary. :D
What store was it?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a metal one too. I remember using the old (dim...w/30 year old eveready d cells) lights at my grandparents house too. What a good year for us...bright new leds...and some really cool looking retro lights!