Earthquake

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow an earthquake this morning, i was still inside the house and immediately ran outside. The chandelier was swinging like crazy the swimming pool shaken and spilled like it was nothing....Thankfully it wasn't that bad they even made a Tsunami warning but latter canceled..

this is the report from USGS.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009lbat.php
Not bad for 7 on richter scale...

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That must have been quite a ride. Glad you are alright. I've never experienced a quake. Hopefully I never will.

Geoff

1anrm

Enlightened
That's intense, glad you are okay. Never experience a 7 before. When I was in grade school I think it was about 6 or 6.5 I was in the library when it happened I immediately went under the tables. Books fell everywhere and double doors opened like someone kicked them.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the kind words.

Yeah i considered myself lucky, about 3000 people are in shelter right now mostly because of the secondary accident such as house colapses, land slide etc. Thankfully no tsunami or things will get worst because most people here still remember the Asian tsunami like it was yesterday almost around 180k people perish that day. I guess such power creates lives but also destroys it.

Last edited: