Klarus        

Thread: Another computer Question??????

Christo Pull Hair Another computer Question??????

Thanks for all the previous help guys. Windows XP, Outlook Express. When I send a (NEW) email, somehow there is an attachment on every one I send. It says "Blank Bkgrd. gif" (151 bytes). When I open it, a new tab opens up and the screen is blank. Then in the browser it has C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Navarrette\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U48G2CQ4\Blank Bkgrd.gif. I don't have a clue what happened or how to get rid of it. I don't know how to look in Temp files, I didn't see anything obvious. Any suggestions? People are asking what this attachment is for. Thanks all.
    Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. But in the battle for survival of western civilization it will be reality and not illusion or delusion that determines what the future will bring.

Default Re: Another computer Question??????

You may have a "blank gif" or a graphic file with no picture as part of the signature that is added to each email. I would first try clearing the signature. OE will allow you to send "stationery" or a gif that is repeated to represent a paper-like background. Try clearing the stationery option also.

Not an Outlook Express user - I am a diehard Outlook 2007 user waiting for Outlook 2010.
    Last edited by adnj; 09-02-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    I got nothing else to say...

How do I clear the signature and stationary option?
    Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. But in the battle for survival of western civilization it will be reality and not illusion or delusion that determines what the future will bring.

You've never heard of it but we have lots of cows

In Outlook Express go to 'Tools' then 'Options' and select the 'Signatures' tab, then uncheck the 'Add signatures to all outgoing messages' box. Also uncheck the 'Stationary' boxes in the 'Compose' tab as well.

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...achment-3.html

Hope this helps

edit: I'm too slow! ^
    Last edited by bshanahan14rulz; 09-02-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: AA

Thanks all!

Talking Re: Another computer Question??????

Quote Originally Posted by AbleArcher View Post
    In Outlook Express go to 'Tools' then 'Options' and select the 'Signatures' tab, then uncheck the 'Add signatures to all outgoing messages' box. Also uncheck the 'Stationary' boxes in the 'Compose' tab as well.

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...achment-3.html

Hope this helps
    Fixed, both the Signatures boxes were checked. I must've done it by mistake. Thanks again all!

Quote Originally Posted by MarNav1 View Post
    Fixed, both the Signatures boxes were checked. I must've done it by mistake. Thanks again all!