History Channel

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
The History Channel:
Modern Marvels on now (2120 Friday night) will be talking about the evolution of the flashlight.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
it was only about 8 minutes long. I thought they would have gone into more depth about the modern flashlight.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always like the "can be seen from over one mile" claim. On a clear, dark night, you can almost see a ciggarette being puffed from a mile away.

I wonder what their scientific method is for that claim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Take test subjects out onto a mountain side a mile away from the light and ask them if they can see it...

-Jason

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently the average human eye can see a candle flame 7 miles away on a perfectly clear, moonless night, it`s that sensitive to light.

If the Inova light can only be seen a mile away, it can`t be as bright as a candle flame!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Just so everybody knows, I'm not knocking Inova or any other manufacturer--just their marketing gurus.

Some of my college courses involved marketing strategies. We used to talk about all the ads that really cracked us up and how they could make people believe a lot of wrong things while not actually lying. Just twisting it a little.

-Jason