Buying a T1A

wolfstyle

Enlightened
I'm wanting to buy a surefire T1a Titan however I want to buy it locally. I'm located in Virginia Beach. So if anyone knows of a store that sells them let me know.

Thanks,
wolfstyle

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want to buy locally? I would highly recommend LAPOLICEGEAR.com great service from those guys.

Their Titan T1A is on sale/clearance. You have to add to cart before you see the price. but it is $169.99

Praxis

Enlightened
Wow, that's a great price! I'd definitely suggest buying a T1A online or through CPF-Marketplace. The only advantage of getting one in a retail store is being able to play with it and take it home the same day. If you don't mind waiting a few days for shipping, you will definitely save $40-80 bucks off MSRP and avoid the 5% VA sales tax too.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 5% sales tax? Lucky. In some areas outside Pittsburgh we get 6%. I was in Chicago last weekend. I nearly had a heart attack 10.25% sales tax!!!!

Last edited:

ypsifly

Enlightened
Check your local gun shops. Several are authorized SF dealers and if they don't have one in stock they will order it for you.

Praxis

Enlightened
Wow 5% sales tax? Lucky. In some areas outside Pittsburgh we get 6%. I was in Chicago last seemed. I nearly had a heart attack 10.25% sales tax!!!!

Yeah, 5% is actually not too bad compared to some places. Now, I lived in Delaware for a few years and it's really easy to get used to no sales tax. You get used to paying sticker price and it really messes you up when you go to a different state and the final price is higher than the sticker price.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, 5% is actually not too bad compared to some places. Now, I lived in Delaware for a few years and it's really easy to get used to no sales tax. You get used to paying sticker price and it really messes you up when you go to a different state and the final price is higher than the sticker price.

Pennsylvania has no sales tax for clothes and shoes.