Nitecore D10, any other recommendations?

izaic3

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good aa edc light. I've lurked on these forums forever, and I'm currently debating between an ezaa (love the size (currently edc a fenix e01), but not a huge fan of only 2 settings) and the D10, though definitely leaning more towards the D10.

But before I click the buy button (and sadly I can't go the cpf way and buy both, being a college student and all), just wanted to ask your opinions.

Are there are there any other lights I should be looking at? I want to keep the price range under $70 if possible, don't want to have to deal with much pwm (my eyes are pretty sensitive to it), and the smaller the form factor the better. I was thinking about a jetbeam, but they're slightly too large.

Any lights coming down the pipeline I should wait for, or should I just go for the D10?

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
Just do it. Now.

The D10 R2 is a fantastic light.

You can get them under $60 new with a coupon discount.

Click on buy. Now.

andrew123

Newly Enlightened
go for the D10. I have both and the D10 seams so much more reliable and tough. the EZAA is just too finicky, although is a nice, just isn't quite solid enough in the hand.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may look into the LD10 as well.

So sorry you are late for the ti quark...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
go for the D10. I have both and the D10 seams so much more reliable and tough. the EZAA is just too finicky, although is a nice, just isn't quite solid enough in the hand.

I hope to get a D10 someday, I really like my EZ AA neutral. Those new blue tube versions with the R2 look cool.
I have had no issues at all with my EZ AA. It's on my keys.:)

burntoshine

Enlightened
i was carrying my D10 R2 with blue trit and clip as my EDC and thought i had found the perfect EDC until i found the Liteflux LF5XT. i say get one of those.

...and maybe the D10 too!

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
liteflux is complicated,

D10 is simple.

d10 is mo betta.

Last edited:

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Should he go with the R2 or the old version? (Q5 I think)

Whats the price difference between the D10 r2 vs liteflux?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Having both D10's and EZAAw's, I've been carrying my EZAAw ever since I got it, but I would say to go for the D10, because of it's great high and low, with a wider range of output controllability and it's rock solid reliability.

I've got four EZAAw's and one of them is for sale! Got one for my brother, one for myself, one for backup and another for a gift, but decided I didn't need a backup! Mine is always in my back pocket where my D10 used to be!

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Should he go with the R2 or the old version? (Q5 I think)
Based on budget, I'd say go with the Q5 and save the ten bucks. There is not enough difference in brightness to justify the extra dinero - and the R2 is a bit more of a tint lottery.

Echo the other sentiments here - the D10 is a great light. Compact, versatile, no PWM.

Ctrain

Enlightened
The D10 is awesome.. It remains as one of my favourite! And I'd reccomend it to anyone as a must have. Down the track the EZAA will make a good back-up light. If .. Or when you get the D10 you have to get the clip!!! But other than that there's always the NDI :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
liteflux is complicated,

D10 is simple.

d10 is mo betta.
Or it can be as simple as one mode press on press off. :)
You can choose one to five modes, it's one light that can be what ever you want it to be.
Norm

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's one light that can be what ever you

all ill ever want from a flashlight is light.

and the simpler the ui better. (in my case):whistle::tired:

overly complicated ui make no sense to me.

but to each their own.:twothumbs

DoctaDink

Enlightened
I use an EX10 rather than D10, and REALLY like it. The D10, which is AA rather than C123, as you've seen, has quite a following. You might also want to look at the Quark lights at 4 Sevens, or EagleTac lights. Which are also very good values. I don't have either of these , but have great reviews, and are priced well.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the first time I've heard that. But what do you mean by finicky, exactly? It's amazing how small that thing is, & we could always swap if it were a really buggy one. Hopefully. I.D.K. 4-7's return policy. I'm just a little more tempted by the D10, because of it's appearance in this regard. That picture 4-7's has of it taken apart. It looks solid.

Are there currently any other 1xAA's out there of the D10's size (3 1/2" x .75"), aside from their even smaller E.Z. series? Keep things nice and small, I say. But those Energizer Lithiums I see in the picture, are those a good choice for a D-10? I see those in Sam's, right in my face. I wish Sam's carried S.F.'s batteries.

Actually N.C.'s D10 at 3.5" x .75" is the perfect size I.M.O., only based on other lights of this size. Any smaller & it becomes more difficult to orient correctly to turn on. The real little ones. Maybe some people have an even bigger point of limiting returns. I have an older Fenix that is exactly that size, but now Fenix' smallest AA is a little bigger at 3.7" x .80" (same as their & S.F.'s thinnest CR123 models). I may get that Fenix anyway, because I kind of fear the ramping, but low & high sound easy enough to access, & I won't complain about too low a low (I.E. the A2 red) or not a bright enough high. Just beam quality & tint. I will B&M about that.

Do you really have better odds in the "tint lottery" if you get the older Q5 vs. R2 version of the D10? I've read this somewhere on C.P.F. I don't care about brightness or the $4.

:thumbsdow

Nite-Core. A crash course in coaching. This is, a problem coaches have to deal with from time to time, but coach, how would you handle this Brandon Marshall situation?

:devil:s

looks perfect.

30veogl.jpg