will fenix update the L1T again before that type AA body style is discontinued?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing similar that even makes it into their group shot now, so I'm guessing the smooth little cylindrical shapes are at the end of the line. Now they all have more aggressive textures & bolt head edges at the base of the bezel etc.

Too bad because that was my favorite form factor, despite having grown unecessarily fatter & longer since the original. BUt hopefully they'll at least update the L1T one more time before they're gone. What do you think? I know the classic S.F. look is what sells, but there's no demand for lights that look like that anymore? Not enough. Now, ironically, I notice S.F.'s newer models with less aggressive shapes & textures, and especially now with their T1A's svelte little tube shape? That's going back the opposite direction they led the rest of the pack. Shame it doesn't tailstand.

I just like the small comfortable pocket friendly shape & turning the bezel for one of just two levels vs. less so & cycling through multi modes & strobes etc.

Progress.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, the Quark AA tactical is pretty much an L1T. Just program the modes you want, and thats it, leave it

Crenshaw

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I asked Fenix-Store.com that question about a month ago, and their reply indicated that the L1T will not be updated, unfortunately. Their reply said the L1T was never intended to be in their ongoing regular lineup of flashlights.

Ble

Newly Enlightened
Quark lights are far less efficient than Fenix (or Zebralight):

Quark AA (R2): 18 lumens, 6 hours
Fenix L1T (Q2): 16 lumens, 15 hours
Zebralight H501 (Q5): 18 lumens, 19 hours

So if you are going to use it mainly at this "medium" level, better buy a Fenix than a Quark. You can get 250% more juice with the same battery despite the older emitter (or more than 300% with a really efficient light)

L1T wins at the high level too:

Quark: Max: 90 lumens, 1.2 hours
L1T: High: 98 lumens, 1.5 hours
(and again, for efficiency example) Zebralight H501: 96 Lumens, 2.3 hr

Specs (close to real from what I know) copied from www.4sevens.com

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Quark runtime is a typo. Check the actual runtime plots. Eneloop to 50% is 12:25.

Also keep in mind the Quarks spec OTF lumens.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Fenix-Store.com that question about a month ago, and their reply indicated that the L1T will not be updated, unfortunately. Their reply said the L1T was never intended to be in their ongoing regular lineup of flashlights.

Yeah it's gone from their website completely. So maybe they'll be going on clearance sale soon. With all the E.Z.'s, D10's, DQuarks, E.T.'s etc. out there now. I just want to try its click on/twist for level feature.

1011Tristar

Newly Enlightened
Buffalo, NY & Franklin, MA (Boston 'burb)
I EDC (in my pants pocket) my P1dQ5 or L1T, and enjoy the fact that they don't have the scalopped bezel. I had considered getting an LD10, but the bezel is scalopped, and the switch end has some sharp edges, and I was concerned that they would wear through my pockets quite quickly. So, I, too wish that Fenix would update the L1T. On another note, I wonder why they never planned on it being part of their offering for a long period of time.