JetBeam M1X - best bang for the MC-E buck?

Dobbler

Enlightened
Looking for a wall of light and some throw would be nice too I like JetBeam lights, but is the M1X worth the price?

robe619

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a whole lot of experience w/ different throwers but I'm really pleased w/ my M1X. I think it's worth the price and don't regret buying it:twothumbs

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Not too familiar with the M1X, but it looks pretty similiar to the Olight M30 triton. Both are MC-E. It's rated at 700 too, but I'm not sure of the output out of the front (anybody know?). The head is smaller and the length is shorter than the jetbeam too, but I bet the jetbeam out-throws it (anyone know?) The Olight's throw is still great (well over 150ft), but MC-E lights are not designed for throw at all. I bought mine on ebay for 119.00 brand new from a dealer, and I love it. I'd check it out at least before you bought anything. Good luck!

DigMe

Enlightened
If you do decide on M1X or M30 Light Junction has 12% off right now for CPFers. I've been pretty impressed with M1X beamshots I've seen. It would be a fun light to have for night-hunting hogs and spotting wildlife on my land.

brad

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
apparently M30 has better packaging and accessories while M1X has better "overall" output runtime efficiency and IMO, better UI as well.

At max, M30 has slightly better output runtime efficiency, but M1X gains the upper hand at least from medium level onwards.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231491

Also, yes M1X has better throw, like 50% better, while M30 is more floody.
Last note, M30 suffers from PWM at medium and low levels, while no (current) Jetbeam lights suffer from PWM at all.

And yes, I AM a Jetbeam fan.

Ok, to be fair, the M30 is also smaller than the M1X, therefore slightly more portable.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too familiar with the M1X, but it looks pretty similiar to the Olight M30 triton. Both are MC-E. It's rated at 700 too, but I'm not sure of the output out of the front (anybody know?). The head is smaller and the length is shorter than the jetbeam too, but I bet the jetbeam out-throws it (anyone know?) The Olight's throw is still great (well over 150ft), but MC-E lights are not designed for throw at all. I bought mine on ebay for 119.00 brand new from a dealer, and I love it. I'd check it out at least before you bought anything. Good luck!
The M30 is basically a flooder, the M1X is a real searchlight with higher output to boot.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are not strictly looking for a MC-E flashlight, I would suggest the Eagletac M2XC4. has higher output than both, throws further than the M1X, and more intense spill then the M30. And looks very good.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a few MC-Es, P7s, and brighter incans/HIDs, and I can say the M1X is one amazing light definitely worth the money. Build quality is top notch. And it puts more light further down range than almost anything else out there. However, it does have a donut hole, if that bothers you.

I haven't owned a M2XC4 though (my M2C4 is a different type of light), and judging by lux at 1m, it should throw further.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M2XC4 isn't very waterproof though, so you might want to take that into account when choosing it.

Personally, a flashlight being waterproof is CRUCIAL. Because IMO, a flashlight must be able to survive where EVER you're likely to take it.

Whenever I buy a new flashlight, its firrst mission will always be having a shower with me. lol

My reason is: If it can't even handle those splashes, its not very likely to be very reliable under heavy rain either.

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
Just got my M1X yesterday and took it out for test run last night. WOW! is all I can say. Throws farther (apparently) than 1MCP Peak search light. I was seeing a lot further into the woods. Spendy but worth it.

Sardaukar

Enlightened
Just ordered one. Can't wait to play with it. I'm planning on using this during Halloween while taking the kids out.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be sure to take some snap shots of it!!

:twothumbs

I have a thread for Jetbeams, in the collecting sub section :D

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's with BOG's output spec for this light...

Max Output: 450 Lumen (Torch Lumen) / 700 Lumen (LED Lumen)

Hmmmmm... :thinking:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
i.e. the LED can produce 700lumens while in actual use, you can get 450 lumens
these are all peak outputs, meaning 99.9% (if not 100%?) of the times you won't be getting these numbers.

typically torch lumens is about 2/3 of LED lumen. quite spot on in this case.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Ive got several MC-E lights and so far the MG RX-1 is FAR the best bang for the buck, Ive compared it with the Jetbeam M1X and several others and its a great light for the money. Its too bad Bryan at ShiningBeam is sold out because I have people asking for these on a regular basis. I still love my Jetbeam M1X but the price is kinda steep for most people.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
i.e. the LED can produce 700lumens while in actual use, you can get 450 lumens
these are all peak outputs, meaning 99.9% (if not 100%?) of the times you won't be getting these numbers.

typically torch lumens is about 2/3 of LED lumen. quite spot on in this case.

700 Lumen - 33% = 469 lumen.

Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
And what about Solarforce L950m? It's a thrower too. Course not be compare with the M1X anodizing and UI, but...

It is a pity it is out stock.