Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots + real world runtime

Buttrock Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots + real world runtime

happened to be surfing and saw this light and immediately ordered it.

Looks like a more affordable version of a TK20 (to me at least) with the capability of running in 1xCR123 mode (RCR123s can be used but not recommended).

I'm thinking that it may degrade the LED life but heck, even with 50% degradation, that still leaves 25,000 hours or 2.8 years continuous output

anyone else got this already and can share some input or better yet, beamshots??

edit:

RUNTIME : currently running for 40 minutes on 1xRCR123 before protection circuit cuts in, however, after letting cell rest for 30 seconds or so, can still squeeze some light out for another 30 seconds or so, voltage of cell now reads 3.09 volts, time to recharge.

Got home from the inlaws and a package from shiningbeam was waiting, tore it open loaded the RC N3 warm white with 2xAAs and fired her up, NICE!

Build quality is as per Romisens, all threading smooth and no gritty feeling, switch is a one mode forward clicky, there is SOME battery rattle but i had to really shake the light to get it (using eneloops by the way) and in normal use, moving your arm around to shine the light around it is barely there.

Tint to my eye is a very nice warm vanilla-ish tint, anyway, i immediately took some pics so here they are, not the best quality i'm afraid just using an olympus point and shoot.

Below: RC N3 warm white (2xAA)

Below: RC N3 II Q5 on high (2xAA)

Below: comparison shot

It's definitely brighter on 1xRCR123, will take some pictures later but wanted to get the 2xAA pics up first as i believe that this is the combo that most people may want to see, after all, just imagine that its brighter

all photos shot at F3.5 @ ISO 200 (according to the display info on my camera)

Below: Red foot carpet

Below: RC N3 WW

Below: RC N3 II Q5 (high)

Below: 7.4 volt DX Xenon

Below: DX Xenon on left, RC N3 WW on right

Below: cupboard about 10ft or so away (RC N3 II Q5)

Below: cupboard about 10ft or so away (RC N3 WW)

Last edited by hyperloop; 09-12-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added beamshots
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Default Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE

wow, had not seen this before. Good find!

one of my first good lights.. now in warm!?!

Flashaholic

I only have the "non-neutral" RC-N3, RC-N3 II and a RC-C6 with unknown emitter from KD.
    For some pics, runtime charts and beam shots of the "non-neutrals" take a look here:

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...misen%20RC-N3/

And yes, I like these lights very much.
    They are very well made, has forward clickies and their value for the money
    is hard to beat.

Unenlightened

I can confirm the usability of this light. I own the Romisen N3 2 Mode beside a Fenix L2D Q5 which costs double of a Romisen. I advise this light to everyone who doesn't want to spent much money but need to have a good and reliable light. (Note: the 2 Mode version is only available at www.shiningbeam.com and not at DX or KD)

I couldn't resist, eiither. I pulled the trigger last night, in addition to grabbing an iTP EOS 3 Up.

It'll be my first 5C tint light, so I'm anxious to get it and compare to my 5As! I have a couple of N3s already, including one of Bryan's Q5 IIs, and they're great little units. The warm emitter should make it just that much better.

amazing just checked my email and there was a notification that my light has been shipped!! that's less than 24 hours since i made payment!! WAY TO GO Bryan!!!
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Nice one!!
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Its a super budget light and I wish I had noticed this last week when I ordered an Olight from SB...

SB has great service.

Flashaholic

[QUOTE=hyperloop;3073402]happened to be surfing and saw this light and immediately ordered it.

QUOTE Looks like a more affordable version of a TK20 (to me at least) with the capability of running in 1xCR123 mode (RCR123s can be used but not recommended). QUOTE

So is this a 2 mode light? If so does anyone know what the output and runtimes are?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jensus View Post
    (Note: the 2 Mode version is only available at www.shiningbeam.com and not at DX or KD)
    Actually they sell it as well, just they didn't update descriptions. There're two differences - shiningbeam.com has Q5 and silver versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikellen View Post
    So is this a 2 mode light? If so does anyone know what the output and runtimes are?
    Dont think its a 2 mode, which is one disadvantage over the TK20 but what the hey, i still can't wait for it to get here.

will get some beamshots and runtimes up too.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by phantom23 View Post
    Actually they sell it as well, just they didn't update descriptions. There're two differences - shiningbeam.com has Q5 and silver versions.
    They sell a 3 version (the 2 version from SB + strobe) and in grey too.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by TONY M View Post
    Its a super budget light and I wish I had noticed this last week when I ordered an Olight from SB...

SB has great service.
    I ordered an Olight from SB last week too and I know the light wasn't there then, so don't beat yourself up. It must have just showed up in the last day or so, see Marketplace thread: **NEW** Romisen RC-N3 Warm White LED Flashlight - CPFMarketPlace

+1 on SB service... fast processing!

Default Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE with beamshots!

RC N3 received, 1st beamshots up in post #1!
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Default Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE with beamshots!

Wow...thanks for the awesome pics !
    I bet this will raise Bryan's sales of RC-N3 ...very nice light , very good price, awesome tint....regulation...fwd clickie...what's to be desired ? Personally I like one mode flashlights.

Default Re: Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots

awesome pics

I have not used this model before. How good is the spill? I'm curioius how useful it would be close range.

tried to take a few more beamshots to show the colour rendition of Bryan's latest offering the Romisen RC N3 WW, fantastic delivery time, i think it took about 4 days or so, see the edited post #1
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Thanks for the pics radu1976. The WW seems brighter than the Q5 so I assume it is being driven harder.

I ordered one in grey with a couple of ITP A3s for good measure and can't wait until it arrives.

I have a spare RC-N3 in black (minus the pill) that I can play multi colored lego with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly View Post
    I ordered an Olight from SB last week too and I know the light wasn't there then, so don't beat yourself up. It must have just showed up in the last day or so, see Marketplace thread: **NEW** Romisen RC-N3 Warm White LED Flashlight - CPFMarketPlace

+1 on SB service... fast processing!
    Mostly, when I ordered the two ITPs on Wednesday there was no SS version which was the one I really wanted... The next day it was there!LOL, the pattern continues!

Quote Originally Posted by tbenedict View Post
    awesome pics

I have not used this model before. How good is the spill? I'm curioius how useful it would be close range.
    The spill is not terribly bright and it is more of a thrower. If you could find a diffuser that fits it would be OK.

Just checked a coke bottle top fits the bezel very well and if you could get a bottle top that lets a good bit of light through that would be a good budget option.

Thanks for the thanks Tony M but...the pics have been posted by Hyperloop

The warm RC-N3 is brighter than the 2-stages RC-N3 Q5 but it should have less output than the one stage RC-N3 Q5.
    I would expect to appear at least as bright as that because of the colour rendition. I can't wait till I will get mine.
    RC-N3 II is not so hard driven like the single stage RC-N3 .
    RC-N3 is an awesome thrower , of of the best from its class and I like it's also regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by radu1976 View Post
    haha, thanks for crediting me with it, i didnt even notice it

Quote Originally Posted by radu1976
    RC-N3 II is not so hard driven like the single stage RC-N3 .
    RC-N3 is an awesome thrower , of of the best from its class and I like it's also regulated.
    +1 on this, i got the RC N3 II cos i wanted a low light, long runtime option in case of emergencies, i'm hoping that Bryan comes out with a 2 stage for the RC N3 warm white
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by hyperloop View Post

+1 on this, i got the RC N3 II cos i wanted a low light, long runtime option in case of emergencies, i'm hoping that Bryan comes out with a 2 stage for the RC N3 warm white
    Yeah, I think the RC N3 is almost perfect for the "casual" flashlight user (I am talking about the guy who buy the light, put a couple of alkalines on it and forget the thing in a drawer until he needs it).

Gentle on alkalines, bright, the throw is good, decent machining/finish, cheap and fairly drop ressistant.

I posted this in Kramers review on the Q5 single mode version......if you dont want the rattling to happen in the first chamber you can put two o-rings on the first battery. But in order to do this you will have to take the extension tube off and then load the battery with the o-rings. Just make sure you have one o-ring at the top of the battery and one close to the end. This will cure the that annoying sound. And as for a diffuser i find that some water bottle caps fit if you touch up the inside threads of the cap with a dremel.

Last edited by alfreddajero; 09-12-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfreddajero View Post
    I posted this in Kramers review on the Q5 single mode version......if you dont want the rattling to happen in the first chamber you can put two o-rings on the first battery. But in order to do this you will have to take the extension tube off and then load the battery with the o-rings. Just make sure you have one o-ring at the top of the battery and one close to the end. This will cure the that annoying sound. And as for a diffuser i find that some water bottle caps fit if you touch up the inside threads of the cap with a dremel.

great ideas! thanks for sharing them
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

No problem man......

Quote Originally Posted by radu1976 View Post
    LOL . Sorry Hyperloop and thanks for the pics.

Default Re: Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots + real world runtime

Hey, saw that shiningbeam now has the 2 mode RC N3 warm white for sale, think i will order one soon and compare the single mode with the dual mode. Or does anyone already have one and can post some pics?
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

According to bryan the new 2 modes are brighter then the single mode.....dont have a two mode since i only prefer the one mode.

Enlightened

Really? That's strange, because in the sales thread for the single mode 5C version, he says he picked the single mode driver because it's brighter than the two mode driver. Are you sure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast