Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots + real world runtime

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
happened to be surfing and saw this light and immediately ordered it.

Looks like a more affordable version of a TK20 (to me at least) with the capability of running in 1xCR123 mode (RCR123s can be used but not recommended).

I'm thinking that it may degrade the LED life but heck, even with 50% degradation, that still leaves 25,000 hours or 2.8 years continuous output :D

anyone else got this already and can share some input or better yet, beamshots??

edit:

RUNTIME : currently running for 40 minutes on 1xRCR123 before protection circuit cuts in, however, after letting cell rest for 30 seconds or so, can still squeeze some light out for another 30 seconds or so, voltage of cell now reads 3.09 volts, time to recharge.

Got home from the inlaws and a package from shiningbeam was waiting, tore it open loaded the RC N3 warm white with 2xAAs and fired her up, NICE!

Build quality is as per Romisens, all threading smooth and no gritty feeling, switch is a one mode forward clicky, there is SOME battery rattle but i had to really shake the light to get it (using eneloops by the way) and in normal use, moving your arm around to shine the light around it is barely there.

Tint to my eye is a very nice warm vanilla-ish tint, anyway, i immediately took some pics so here they are, not the best quality i'm afraid just using an olympus point and shoot.

Below: RC N3 warm white (2xAA)
1b08f6bd.jpg

Below: RC N3 II Q5 on high (2xAA)
faaa78c7.jpg

Below: comparison shot
995031ef.jpg

It's definitely brighter on 1xRCR123, will take some pictures later but wanted to get the 2xAA pics up first as i believe that this is the combo that most people may want to see, after all, just imagine that its brighter :D

all photos shot at F3.5 @ ISO 200 (according to the display info on my camera)

Below: Red foot carpet
5170a7b8.jpg

Below: RC N3 WW
37d934d8.jpg

Below: RC N3 II Q5 (high)
d3993171.jpg

Below: 7.4 volt DX Xenon
d34f5ed7.jpg

Below: DX Xenon on left, RC N3 WW on right

1bbce55e.jpg

Below: cupboard about 10ft or so away (RC N3 II Q5)
fdb6baaf.jpg

Below: cupboard about 10ft or so away (RC N3 WW)

29cde826.jpg

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE

wow, had not seen this before. Good find!

Tom_123

Newly Enlightened

I only have the "non-neutral" RC-N3, RC-N3 II and a RC-C6 with unknown emitter from KD.
For some pics, runtime charts and beam shots of the "non-neutrals" take a look here:

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/_Thomas/Romisen RC-N3/

And yes, I like these lights very much.
They are very well made, has forward clickies and their value for the money
is hard to beat.

jensus

Newly Enlightened

I can confirm the usability of this light. I own the Romisen N3 2 Mode beside a Fenix L2D Q5 which costs double of a Romisen. I advise this light to everyone who doesn't want to spent much money but need to have a good and reliable light. (Note: the 2 Mode version is only available at www.shiningbeam.com and not at DX or KD)

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened

I couldn't resist, eiither. I pulled the trigger last night, in addition to grabbing an iTP EOS 3 Up. :D

It'll be my first 5C tint light, so I'm anxious to get it and compare to my 5As! I have a couple of N3s already, including one of Bryan's Q5 IIs, and they're great little units. The warm emitter should make it just that much better. :thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

amazing just checked my email and there was a notification that my light has been shipped!! that's less than 24 hours since i made payment!! WAY TO GO Bryan!!!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its a super budget light and I wish I had noticed this last week when I ordered an Olight from SB...:ohgeez:

SB has great service.:twothumbs

Mikellen

Enlightened

happened to be surfing and saw this light and immediately ordered it.

QUOTE Looks like a more affordable version of a TK20 (to me at least) with the capability of running in 1xCR123 mode (RCR123s can be used but not recommended). QUOTE

So is this a 2 mode light? If so does anyone know what the output and runtimes are?

Thanks.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

So is this a 2 mode light? If so does anyone know what the output and runtimes are?

Dont think its a 2 mode, which is one disadvantage over the TK20 but what the hey, i still can't wait for it to get here.

will get some beamshots and runtimes up too.

vali

Enlightened

Actually they sell it as well, just they didn't update descriptions. There're two differences - shiningbeam.com has Q5 and silver versions.

They sell a 3 version (the 2 version from SB + strobe) and in grey too.

Mostly

Newly Enlightened

Its a super budget light and I wish I had noticed this last week when I ordered an Olight from SB...:ohgeez:

SB has great service.:twothumbs

I ordered an Olight from SB last week too and I know the light wasn't there then, so don't beat yourself up. It must have just showed up in the last day or so, see Marketplace thread: **NEW** Romisen RC-N3 Warm White LED Flashlight - CPFMarketPlace

+1 on SB service... fast processing!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE with beamshots!

RC N3 received, 1st beamshots up in post #1!

radu1976

Enlightened
Re: Romisen RC N3 WARM WHITE with beamshots!

Wow...thanks for the awesome pics !
I bet this will raise Bryan's sales of RC-N3 ...very nice light , very good price, awesome tint....regulation...fwd clickie...what's to be desired ? Personally I like one mode flashlights.

tbenedict

Enlightened
Re: Romisen RC N3 warm white, added more beamshots

awesome pics

I have not used this model before. How good is the spill? I'm curioius how useful it would be close range.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

tried to take a few more beamshots to show the colour rendition of Bryan's latest offering the Romisen RC N3 WW, fantastic delivery time, i think it took about 4 days or so, see the edited post #1

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics radu1976. The WW seems brighter than the Q5 so I assume it is being driven harder.

I ordered one in grey with a couple of ITP A3s for good measure and can't wait until it arrives.

I have a spare RC-N3 in black (minus the pill) that I can play multi colored lego with.:duh2:

I ordered an Olight from SB last week too and I know the light wasn't there then, so don't beat yourself up. It must have just showed up in the last day or so, see Marketplace thread: **NEW** Romisen RC-N3 Warm White LED Flashlight - CPFMarketPlace

+1 on SB service... fast processing!
Mostly, when I ordered the two ITPs on Wednesday there was no SS version which was the one I really wanted... The next day it was there!:ohgeez:LOL, the pattern continues!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

awesome pics

I have not used this model before. How good is the spill? I'm curioius how useful it would be close range.
The spill is not terribly bright and it is more of a thrower. If you could find a diffuser that fits it would be OK.

Just checked a coke bottle top fits the bezel very well and if you could get a bottle top that lets a good bit of light through that would be a good budget option.