Any new flashlights from Dereelight?

ergotelis

Enlightened
All manufacturers have produced nice new products, but dereelight is out of this race!1,5- 2 years ago we were talking all about dereelight. Now only a few.They did make only some minor updates on their flashlights and that is all!
What is going on with them? Any news? Does anybody know if they are planning to make something new?

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Nice thing about Deerelight is that you don't have to buy a new light every time a new emitter comes out. Just buy a new pill and your old light is now a new one.

As soon as the XP-G pill is available, I'll pick one up. . .

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right you are Yucca Patrol.

Dereelight's reasonable upgradability and modularity have made me a believer. I originally bought into Lumapower's MRV as it was marketed as a modular platform, but that went nowhere. Dereelight is the real deal so far and has allowed me to stay abreast of LED advances at reasonable cost.

I believe Flashcrazy mentioned Dereelight has some new designs pending...

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered the aspheric lens for my DBS, still waiting on it. That would increase the throw to something similar to the Tiablo A9 with aspheric I would imagine.

I really haven't seen anything the size of the C2H that beats it in terms of output for it's size, as well as throw.

The DBS with R2 and MC-E holds it's own fairly well against some of the competition. Maybe Dereelight feels to make a larger light with a larger reflector wouldn't make a large enough difference to warrant it.

Hopefully we'll see some XP-G pills in the future.

When I got my DBS V2 and CL1H V4 the XR-E R2 WH and WC were the top emitters. Since then we have 5A/5B pills, MC-E pills, etc, and we haven't had to buy new hosts, just swap pills and reflectors.

KD7EIR

Newly Enlightened
I am a Dereelight fanatic - I think they are wise for not bringing out a new model every few months. Make a QUALITY product than can be easily upgraded, and then spend your R&D money on upgrades for that product.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as the XP-G pill is available, I'll pick one up. . .

+1:thumbsup:...can't wait to upgrade my DBS.

I recently ordered the aspheric lens for my DBS..

I didn't even know these existed!
ooo.gif

kicken_bright

Newly Enlightened
I am still a dereelight fan! They are just doing what they promised, making new pills as technology advances. They have been right at the forefront with R2, mc-e, and Q4 5B.

They didn't make any xp-e pills, but the truth is, xp-e r2 wouldn't really add much.

The DBS was dethroned as "king of throw" but it is till an incredible light, and the reflector is not nearly as big as the other throwers.

I STILL LOVE DEREELIGHT! maybe some xp-g pills soon?:whistle:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my C2H and the CL1H last week.

I ordered them, because I wanted a neutral white, and they offer a Q4-5A pill (5B currently sold out)

I think that is pretty up to date, the lights are great, the runtime of the C2H is the only thing that I don't like (and the ring with the clip of the CL1H which you can't really fix).

For the rest I think that they are pretty up-to-date flashlights, they come in nice cases and I'll buy new pills as soon as XP-G Q4 neutral white are available, which means in a year or so! If they do a high CRI pill, I am the first buyer too... :whistle:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the way Dereelight does business. I am glad that I can upgrade my pill, reflector, etc. and not have my DBS become a shelf queen. That is why I chose DBS, for the upgradeability and them working around the same design. If they abandoned that philosophy and the modularity of their current lights it would greatly dissapoint me, at least. I am always checking Flashlight Connection for any new DBS upgrades, though!

ccondrey

Newly Enlightened
How does one go about upgrading the pill. Are there any write-ups avail online for doing this? Is it a drop in upgrade?

ccondrey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for this thread. I've been debating between a DBS, RRT1, and A10 for the last couple weeks and finally ordered the DBS this morning. The fact that I can upgrade this flashlight down the road when a new emitter comes out was a major factor. (I also really like the 'clean' lines of the DBS (vs the RRT1 which looks cluttered to me)Anyway - thanks!

jblackwood

Enlightened
www.flashlightconnection.com is run by Jay or flashcrazy. The way he does business is on par with 4sevens. Really, there is no higher compliment. The only reason I haven't bought more dereelights is because I haven't needed to do so! I have two DBS's, one with an MC-E pill and OP reflector and the other has an R2 pill loaded behind the new aspheric. I really love their products so much, I even have a CL1H and a C2H. The modular design is really excellent and if you're really griping for totally new designs, don't worry. Jay announced that they're working on a new design that'll come out soon. Besides, you can always check out 4sevens lights until you're ready to get a new dereelight! As we say here on CPF, "buy them both!" Someone should make a keychain or something with the CPF logo on one side and "Buy them both" on the other! :cool::twothumbs:wave:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
The aspheric does not require a DBS, the CL1H is fine.

Here is a aspheric and a regular DBS warm with OP reflector at a distance:

DSC_7681a.jpg
DSC_7678a.jpg

And for people that want to spoil everything, just use a HID:
DSC_7696a.jpg

I just ordered the aspheric lens with the R2 upgrade! I couldn't wait for the XP-G!!!!!