Surefire service -wow!

redryder

Enlightened
I returned a Titan T1a( just light not box/battery) to SF because it had an off center LED and some anodizing was missing from the tail cap. A week later they returned a new BOXED light(including battery & lanyard)!!!

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
My experience has been the same as yours. Such fine customer service is very refreshing, isn't it?

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I sent in my 6 year old A2 because someone dropped it (not me!), chipping the lens and leaving a flat spot on the bezel. A surefire rep replied to my email within an hour with an RMA. A little over a week after mailing it from Florida to California I got it back with a new bezel and lens installed, free of charge. Not only that, but I sent it without batteries and they sent it back with 2 new batteries in it. That's great service!

Other times I can think of:
P91 lamp - intermittantly inop
P91 lamp - bulb loose and the replacement had the bulb thoroughly potted in the reflector, which I've never seen before.
X80 lamp - lower output, too yellow
A2 tailcap - broken tabs
Z57 tailcap - stuck on
V82 & V21 holsters - stitching coming apart

In all these cases they sent a replacement with no questions asked. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or for me to send back the faulty part.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should WOW as well to SF's quality check.

For the $200 you should receive a perfect product. missing HA? uncetered led? leave it to DX flashlights.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is Surefire quality! :thumbsup:
I love surefire 'cause of things like this and I know about its incredible support in U.S.

But, what could I do to receive the Surefire support?
I'm living outside the U.S. and there are some relates of some people that non received answer of thier e-mails.

Recently I received a P90 LA with some issue, but I was able to repair myself.

Cheers,
Dioni

redryder

Enlightened
Is the tint still blue with the new light?

wolfstyle

The first light I had was very icy white. The replacement light is very slightly purple at very low levels, at higher levels it seems white. I actually prefer the color of the second light because the icy white made it difficult to read(it seemed to cause a lot of glare off paper and gave me eyestrain)

redryder

Enlightened
I should WOW as well to SF's quality check.

For the $200 you should receive a perfect product. missing HA? uncetered led? leave it to DX flashlights.

Not too make excuses for Surefire but I think it is unrealistic to expect an error rate of 0%. The point of my post was that I had a problem and SF took care of it.

BTW the led was only off by 3/4mm. The missing anodizing was 1/2 mm big (located inside the keyring hole).