need advice on SL6 for long range ?

hanuman

Newly Enlightened
How far can SL6 reach ? Can it reach 140+ yards ? how to compare SL6 to Mag 5-6D with the best lamp on the market for long range purpose ? I got PT Surge. It's bright but I don't think it's fit in long range category. I am also interested in Blaster II too(nice features :24 hrs almost constant brightness,lamp never fail) but I don't think it can compare to SL6 for this purpose. any better choices for about $60 budget ?
thanks!

Wolfram

Newly Enlightened
Re: need advice on SL6 for long range ?

I have a SL6 ; the hotspot is solid and penetrating. I don't think the reach is any greater than my pelican m-6 a 6-volt light. Much easier to carry than a 5-d mag!
Please see the thread on the 285 lumen 2-c mag....this baby cooks!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hanuman said:
How far can SL6 reach ? Can it reach 140+ yards ? how to compare SL6 to Mag 5-6D with the best lamp on the market for long range purpose ? I got PT Surge. It's bright but I don't think it's fit in long range category. I am also interested in Blaster II too(nice features :24 hrs almost constant brightness,lamp never fail) but I don't think it can compare to SL6 for this purpose. any better choices for about $60 budget ?
thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hanuman,

140+ yards is more than 420 feet, almost 1.5 times the length of a football field.

Unfortunately that exceeds the functional range of any easily carried flashlight-configured unmodified light. If you state the specific purpose and expectatations from this light we may be in a position to help you.

The 285LU+ modded MAG 2c/4x123 is very bright but its beam is dependent upon thr MAG reflector. NTL, well worth checking out along with Magcharger mods.

If SF's M6 had an alternate thin beam turbohead for its HOLA your goals might have been reached.

Brightnorm

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 400+ feet, your best bet would be a spotlight... A Tigerlight would barely even reach this at all...

hanuman

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
hanuman said:
thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hanuman,

140+ yards is more than 420 feet, almost 1.5 times the length of a football field.

Unfortunately that exceeds the functional range of any easily carried flashlight-configured unmodified light. If you state the specific purpose and expectatations from this light we may be in a position to help you.

The 285LU+ modded MAG 2c/4x123 is very bright but its beam is dependent upon thr MAG reflector. NTL, well worth checking out along with Magcharger mods.

If SF's M6 had an alternate thin beam turbohead for its HOLA your goals might have been reached.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Brightnorm ! I am looking for a flashlight for my dad who live in suburban. I visited brightguy.com and found SL6 has about 200 lumens, and read from somewhere in this group mentioned about SL6 has good throw. SL6 uses 8W lamp just two watt behind UltraStringer but a lot cheaper. I am trying to get the best throw within my budget that is about $60. If SL6 is good enough, I will get another LED for short-mid range. SL6=$35 + ?LED -> it's still under the budget. I am not sure this is a good idea.

Thanks!