JetBeam M1X or Olight M30 Triton?

Softcoder

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy one of these flashlights, but don't know which one is better. I like M1X head, but I hear that M1X is a thrower and Triton is more floody. Also I don't know where to buy it? Could you advice me some online stores?

Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am going to buy one of these flashlights, but don't know which one is better. I like M1X head, but I hear that M1X is a thrower and Triton is more floody.

They are both very nice light, but the JetBeam is much bigger, due to the reflector that gives it good throw. And they also have a very different user interface, OLight can be changed between 3 brightness settings with the same hand that is holding the light. JetBeam need two hands to change between two levels.
You can compare them in my new beamshot post.

Softcoder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for beamshots. I very like Olight M30 beamshot. It seems that is brighter than Fenix TK 40 and JETBeam M1X (please correct me if I am wrong).

My first torch I bought on DX it was MTE SSC P7. After some time of use it starts blink and become less brighter. So I am realy worrying about quality of driver and components.

Also I am in Eastern Europe and shipping from USA is very expensive for me. So I am looking for good quality and not expensive shiping.

Also I heared about Raptor-3 on SST-90. Сan anyone else confirm this? Any photos?

Thanks.

gilly

Enlightened
I just took delivery of my M1X this past week. Very nice light - top notch construction. I really am a fan of the Jetbeam Infinite Brightness System (IBS) where you can set the level you want. Great versatility. Boy does the M1X throw!!! Amazing - it is like holding an automobile headlight in your hand. The M-30 looks very nice as well, but I am a diehard Jetbeam fan (I own four). Their quality is on par with Surefire in my opinion (I own three Surefires also).

Either way you can't go wrong - great lights.

Have fun!:twothumbs

jahxman

Enlightened
Thanks for beamshots. I very like Olight M30 beamshot. It seems that is brighter than Fenix TK 40 and JETBeam M1X (please correct me if I am wrong).

Also I heared about Raptor-3 on SST-90. Сan anyone else confirm this?

Of the three, I would say the TK40 is the brightest and throws well, the M1X has the most throw and a simplified interface with two modes, one of which is programmable, and the M30 is the smallest and most EDC-able, has a great medium range beam, and arguably the best UI.

If I could only own one, it would be a very tough choice between the TK40 and the M30. But since I have all three, I'm quite happy :crackup:

So far the Raptor-III with SST-90 is just a prototype, see the following:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/238615

Softcoder

Newly Enlightened
Of the three, I would say the TK40 is the brightest and throws well, the M1X has the most throw and a simplified interface with two modes, one of which is programmable, and the M30 is the smallest and most EDC-able, has a great medium range beam, and arguably the best UI.

If I could only own one, it would be a very tough choice between the TK40 and the M30. But since I have all three, I'm quite happy :crackup:

So far the Raptor-III with SST-90 is just a prototype, see the following:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/238615

I don't like TK 40 becaue it is big in diameter, and it's use AA bateries. Also like Olight M30 set with a lot of additional things. So I think I stay on M30.
Where are you bought your lights? Please advice some online stores with good quality and security. It would be good if it will have free shipping.

Thanks.

jahxman

Enlightened
The M30 is a good choice - and I have to confess I like it a lot. It finds its way into my hand when heading out for a night dog walk quite often, and the accessories it comes with are a nice bonus as well.

Build quality is flawless, and heat management seems quite adequate for a small MC-E light. One of the few pocketable quad die lights that can keep up with the bigger lights in output.

And some would not care about this, but the ability to hit the side switch from off and have instant turbo strobe is a nice feature. No fumbling, twisting or double clicking if you need to strobe an agressive dog.

I got my M30 from 4sevens, which I recommend wholeheartedly. Not sure where you are located, but they offer free shipping, if you are in a country other than the US or Canada you might only need to pay whatever import taxes your country imposes.

Another excellent seller is batteryjunction.com, I have dealt with them as well and can recommend them highly. Both of these dealers offer discounts to CPF members, check the following thread for details:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181841

Good luck with your purchase, I'm sure if you go for the M30 you will be pleased with it.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
An MC-E light for dog walking?

No weight issues?
A couple of days ago, I went on a little trek for about 1.5 hrs and the main torch i used is the iTP C6T.
I definitely won't call it a heavy torch usually. But 1.5 hrs of the overhand grip really took its toll. And eventually I swapped the torches position at least 3 or 4 times... lol

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
I have no experience with the M1X but do have the Jet III M and Jetbeam is a quality product. I do have the M30 and love it. Unbelievable light for its size!! In my opinion Jetbeam is built a little better than Olight but both produce good prducts.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having both Jetbeam & Olight, I think jetbeam is far better in terms of built quality. No doubt about it. :rolleyes:

Softcoder

Newly Enlightened

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also like JetBeam build quality but I don't find equivalent small and floody in any JETBeam series.

http://

If floody beam is your main concern, I guess you should go for M30, or even M20 Ti version with new LED.

But I think JB is not to bad with OP reflector, in terms of side spill. :grin2:

jahxman

Enlightened
If floody beam is your main concern, I guess you should go for M30, or even M20 Ti version with new LED.

But I think JB is not to bad with OP reflector, in terms of side spill. :grin2:

Yes, I took the JB M1X out tonight to walk the dog around some corn fields nearby, and found the side spill quite adequate. Of course where it really excelled was in spotting the deer that were about 100 yards out browsing and wondering what all the bright light was about. I had my ROP with me also and it put some good light on them too, but the M1X can definitely throw that MC-E light well.

The only thing about the JB M1X, for carrying it around with me it's not so easy to stick it in a pocket, I would really need some kind of belt mount for it.

Softcoder

Newly Enlightened
Also I am wandering whether M30 will shine brighter with 2*18650 or not.
If not, what is the purpose of extension tube?

GotDogs

Newly Enlightened
As good lights go, I know nothing. After reading, and reading and some more reading here, I went with the M30 and have ZERO regrets. Good throw for my use, easily handled, simple controls, and BRIGHT!!! I bought mine a few weeks ago from Battery Junction. Great Light, Great Price, Fast delivery. My M30 " Rocks " and Battery Junction " Rocks ". From my reading and your chioces, I dont think you can go wrong and will be very happy. Happy Hunting!!

John lovecpf