Mag LED Light source fun

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I was in Fry's electronics this past week (actually 2 of them) looking at flashlights. Just for fun, I picked up a couple of the 2 and 3 D maglight led versions to see which LED was in them.

As it turns out, depending on the store (Sunnyvale or Fremont), some had what appear to be K2s, some had what appear to be rebels, and some even had what appear to be incan bulbs. :laughing: Dead serious - they did.

I took a picture with my cell phone, but it is not really good enough to bother showing. Anyway, if you have a particular favorite light source for your LED mag, make sure you look inside first.

lolzertank

Enlightened
The K2s you see are actually Luxeon IIIs. If possible, always get the Rebels. As for incans being in LED Mags, were the packages sealed? Who knows, maybe someone took the LED module and returned it with the incan bulb.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was one package that had been opened, and I wondered if someone had swapped the entire flashlight out (incan for an LED version).

There were quite a few packages that still appeared to be factory sealed, but I did not look at the package in extreme detail, so a swap out could have happened.