iTP A6 Polestar thread

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have much info about the A6 Polestar?

iTP has a good track record in making good value lights, this one I'd be looking forward to.
I like iTP more than I actually want to admit. I think primarily because of their uninspiring designs, but their lights are good value in many cases.

iTP A6 Polestar

• Cree MC-E LED, life span up to 50000 hours
  • Function Three Brightness Levels(Low-Medium-High) and Strobe Mode
  • Output and Runtime
    High Mode 700 Lumens/1.5 Hours,
    Medium Mode 160 Lumens/8 Hours,
    Low Mode 12 Lumens/50 Hours
    Strobe 10HZ/10Hours
  • Finish: HA Type Ⅲ
  • Reflector: Aluminum alloy Orange Peel Reflector with Perfect Beam
  • Lens:Anti-shattering ultra clear lens, anti-scratching and anti-slip
  • Water and Dust Resistant: IP68
  • Switch: Side Switch
  • Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F
Operation:
+ Battery installation:
Remove the tail cap.
Insert the batteries with the positive ends toward the head of the light..
Replace the tail cap
+ Operation:
Turn On/Off The Power
Press the side switch to turn the unit on/off
Switch Mode
Press the side switch constantly when power-on cycles modes through low, medium, high, strobe.
Release the side switch to select and memorize mode.
ipt-a6-polestar.jpg
ipt-a6-polestar-3.jpg
ipt-a6-polestar-2.jpg

http://www.itplight.com/product_list.asp?bid=21&sid=21

Last edited:

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
Nope.

I'd like to know price...

Funny, when I first loaded this the banner ad was showing a Fenix TK-40, somewhat similar to the Polestar in being multi-AA MC-E. Price for the Fenix is > $100, too rich for me.

Even if the Polestar were < $100, I don't know if I'd bite after just now reading here what 4sevens said about multi-AA lights at that high output.

FlashlightsNgear.com

&rarr;Formerly d1live&larr;, Flashaholic
This should be a great flashlight, iTP always makes great stuff and Ive never had ANY problems with iTP, Id say they have did their research and 6 AA's is perfect, keeping it shorter was key, they may have a winner here, Im waiting for final pricing right now and should know more soon, YEP get your popcorn out lol :popcorn:

travelinman

Enlightened
where are some other places that sell itp lights? I've been checking battery junction to see if this light shows up.

Check out Shiningbeam.com....tell Bryan I sent you....I've no financial interest in them other than that of being a very satisfied customer.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sales thread is up from a dealer:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=199527
ITPA6Polestar.jpg

• Cree MC-E LED, life span up to 50000 hours
  • Function Three Brightness Levels(Low-Medium-High) and Strobe Mode
  • Output and Runtime
    High Mode 700 Lumens/1.5 Hours,
    Medium Mode 160 Lumens/8 Hours,
    Low Mode 12 Lumens/50 Hours
    Strobe 10HZ/10Hours
  • Finish: HA Type Ⅲ
  • Reflector: Aluminum alloy Orange Peel Reflector with Perfect Beam
  • Lens:Anti-shattering ultra clear lens, anti-scratching and anti-slip
  • Water and Dust Resistant: IP68
  • Switch: Side Switch
  • Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F
Operation:
+ Battery installation:
Remove the tail cap.
Insert the batteries with the positive ends toward the head of the light..
Replace the tail cap
+ Operation:
Turn On/Off The Power
Press the side switch to turn the unit on/off
Switch Mode
Press the side switch constantly when power-on cycles modes through low, medium, high, strobe.
Release the side switch to select and memorize mode.

(from: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2352248&postcount=2)

Haz

Enlightened
I'm interested to see how well it stacks up against the TK40 and whether there is parasitic drain on these.

Given the price of the other iTP lights, I'm assuming this will be a sub $100 light

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested to see how well it stacks up against the TK40 and whether there is parasitic drain on these.

Given the price of the other iTP lights, I'm assuming this will be a sub $100 light
I'm kind of expect inferior performance compared to the TK-40 in terms of peak output.

Based on iTP's track record, besides the EOS, all iTP light's output has always been below average, although their runtimes and good reflector designs makes up for things a little.

Not anymore too bad though.
lol yeah, that was quick... haha

And that's not very nice of iTP, seems like they're starting to think they have power over the dealers. But its seems like they don't understand they belong to the LOW-END of the flashaholic segment, and their marketing strategy should be to saturate the market with their lowly priced goodies and not bully dealers.:thumbsdow

ergotelis

Enlightened
Well what happened in flashlightandgear is really bad. I would like to know more details if the dealer has, he can give it to us via pm, just to know what is happening. They should be ashamed, even a small seller should have the opportunity to open up his sales in something some others don't have.

Haz

Enlightened
I hate to quote myself, but indeed it is, only $79.95! from Goinggear.com, which is pretty decent for a 700 lumens MC-E light running on AA batteries.

FlashlightsNgear.com

&rarr;Formerly d1live&larr;, Flashaholic
Guys I did kind of get the shaft in ways, but I still have a large order of iTP A6 and A3 coming (when available), I just cant advertise on CPF, according to Olight/iTP other dealers have the rights before me, its not right but thats how it goes when your the newbie. Ill still be doing FREE PRIORITY MAIL shipping and a 10% discount, thanks for your support!!

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got a response to my question on battery drain

"Thank you for asking. For our model A6, the current consumption is around 2uA when powered off, the new primary batteries could keep 85 years if the battery has eough long life span"

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing could turn out to be a real bargain. Considering goinggear.com has a 10% off coupon and free shipping over $50, this light is only $72 shipped CONUS!!!
I hope the reviews are favorable, because as long as they are, I'll be picking one of these up!

BMF

Enlightened
This thing could turn out to be a real bargain. Considering goinggear.com has a 10% off coupon and free shipping over $50, this light is only $72 shipped CONUS!!!
I hope the reviews are favorable, because as long as they are, I'll be picking one of these up!

Where's the coupon for 10% off at goinggear.com?

BMF

Enlightened
Where's the coupon for 10% off at goinggear.com?
5% http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181841

That's what I saw but they said about 10% coupon.